The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Just popped onto PaddyPower. Saw this little tidbit on the homepage

"Is that a snake in your pants or are you just trying to illegally transport reptiles across international boundaries?" is the comedy way we're guessing airport security staff sadly didn't ask Simon Turola Borges about the activity in his trousers. He was arrested in Florida trying to board a flight to Brazil when an imaging machine detected his was smuggling seven pythons and three baby turtles - some wrapped up in tights and "some were stuffed in his underwear". It'll crawl be worth the effort if you can pick some winners in tonight's US Racing on ATR.

I think that's one of the best introductions to entice you to bet I've ever seen.

:lol:

Think it's Paddy Power who send me an email each week about what's going on, some cracking little reports they put together.

e.g. from a few days ago:

Arsenal look to be in a difficult group, but the way they're playing at the moment pretty much every group would have looked difficult for them. Even the most favourable of draws would be greeted by Gunners fans with a sharp intake of breath and a comment like 'Oh, I don't know. Verona Under 9s have been playing pretty well lately and Guiseppe Annoni is back for them after missing the last game due to a trip to Legoland with his mum. I'd be happy with a draw'. They kick off their campaign with arguably their trickiest assignment. Dortmund romped to the Bundesliga title last season and arguably even more impressive was holding on to most of their key players.

Well, after all that, that'll do. Udinese didn't deserve to win that at all and were very poor, so I'll count that as a rare bit of luck.

Annoyed though, could've been a very good day if it wasn't for Lazio totally fucking up earlier.

Well, after all that, that'll do. Udinese didn't deserve to win that at all and were very poor, so I'll count that as a rare bit of luck.

Annoyed though, could've been a very good day if it wasn't for Lazio totally fucking up earlier.

Same for me really. Had Lazio draw in my 4 fold earlier causing me to get 3 out of 4, and Spurs draw in my treble causing me to get 2 out of 3. Finished £31 in profit for the day thanks to the later treble.

Same for me really. Had Lazio draw in my 4 fold earlier causing me to get 3 out of 4, and Spurs draw in my treble causing me to get 2 out of 3. Finished £31 in profit for the day thanks to the later treble.

:thup: £31 profit is a pretty good day in my book.

Past 3 or so weeks, I've been having a bit more success than normal because I've been - wait for it, it's shocking - betting on fewer teams. :lol:

Hard not to be greedy but sticking to doubles/trebles has improved my form. That said it should be noted that my "normal form" is basically to lose everything, so it couldn't have really got any worse.

:thup: £31 profit is a pretty good day in my book.

Past 3 or so weeks, I've been having a bit more success than normal because I've been - wait for it, it's shocking - betting on fewer teams. :lol:

Hard not to be greedy but sticking to doubles/trebles has improved my form. That said it should be noted that my "normal form" is basically to lose everything, so it couldn't have really got any worse.

:thup: I'm still in pussy mode with £1/£2 bets. Tonight's winning bet was a 5 fold, but very conservative at odds of about 7/1. I need to stick to that kind of shit and place a bit more.

I'm shit. Spurs done me over, I just seen they were 2/1 and dove on it.

I'm going for some safe bets this weekend. Nothing crazy from me.

You decided if you're going for Floyd in the 10th or not yet? I did exactly the same with Spurs in the bet I put them as well.