The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

£625 profit if Nadal wins, break even if Djokovic wins.

Yay.

So what was the bet, if you don't mind me asking? Simply a high stake on Nadal winning or was it part of an accumulator?

High stake on Nadal at 1/3, which I subsequently hedged once Djokovic's odds were long enough.

£625 profit from 1/3? Hardly even worth the risk.

Not the best result, not the worst. Need France to top the group now though. Small bet on Sweden next, if that doesn't come off I'll at least wait until the groups are up before jumping back in.

FFS, dude. Sweden now? Stop betting on the same shit as me. It clearly doesn't fucking work. We're the new Neil and... erm, me. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Second round can't go worse, Russia being the only one who didn't let down.

Same. Great I'm not the only one.....

Russia tomorrow, mate? Big one? Do it?

Definately betting Russia. Don't know yet whether to go DNB, straight win or handicap. Missing Chesney must be big if Russia can pile the pressure.

Not sure I'll bet tomorrow. The only likely bet being Czech Republic-Greece under 2.5. At 1/2 it isn't worth it.

Russia should win but I can see Poland sneaking a point, as Beren says DNB might not be a bad option at all.

I placed a bet on the following players to end-up as their countries' top goalscorer the other day, but I noticed that for Alexander Kerzhakov it's says "Group stage specials" and for the rest it's "Euro 2012 Specials".

Does this mean that Kerzhakov has to end as Russia's top goalscorer in the group stage, otherwise the bet would  fail? (Maybe because I actually placed this bet after Russia had played their first match. )

NICKLAS BENDTNER @ 7/2 [Outright - Specials] - Top Goalscorer Denmark Euro 2012 Specials;

KARIM BENZEMA @ 9/4 [Outright - Specials] - Top Goalscorer France Euro 2012 Specials;

ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI @ 7/4 [Outright - Specials] - Top Goalscorer Poland Euro 2012 Specials;

CRISTIANO RONALDO @ 13/8 [Outright - Specials] - Top Goalscorer Portugal

Euro 2012 Specials;

ALEKSANDR KERZHAKOV @ 4/1 [Outright - Specials] - Top Goalscorer Russia Euro 2012 Group Stage

Specials;

ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC @ 9/4 [Outright - Specials] - Top Goalscorer Sweden

Euro 2012 Specials

A bet like that was and always will be massively speculative though. :lol:

Bendtner for example, the Danes could quite easily not score again this tournament, I certainly cannot see him getting two.

I know. But he seemed to me the most likely source of goals for the Danes. Meh....

Hypothetically speaking, if all players on the list end up as joint top, would I get half the winnings? :lol:

PS, I don't have much confidence in that bet coming through anyway. f***ing Kerzakhov, man. :facepalm: He's in every one of the 3 top goalscorers bets that I placed.

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png

Ready to go for a masterplan that worked his magic at the WC 2010 - opening a new account to get me 100€ bonus money. Will be nice to be able to do something without pressure. Will go for Russia today...

Second round can't go worse, Russia being the only one who didn't let down.

Same. Great I'm not the only one.....

Russia tomorrow, mate? Big one? Do it?

£200 Russia @ 7/5

£100 Russia -1 @ 15/4