The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

OKC to win game 4 @ 6/4

Why?

Thought they gave up a bit in the 3rd game when they went so far behind, both teams have an equal chance IMO and I'm going with the value pick of OKC.

Small double on OKC and over 191pts

Fair enough Stu. Seems as though you're betting on something you perceive to be 50-50, because they've weighted the outcomes a little differently. Interesting tactic ;)

Am I missing something here :lol:

Put on a sixfolds from 8 bet a while back. 7 out of my 8 results have come in (still England v Ukraine tomorrow), got 6 right and 1 wrong. Am I right in saying that I am guaranteed to win my bet? It's offered me a chance to 'cash in' at a very nice rate but obv it's a done deal then I don't want to!

Put on a sixfolds from 8 bet a while back. 7 out of my 8 results have come in (still England v Ukraine tomorrow), got 6 right and 1 wrong. Am I right in saying that I am guaranteed to win my bet? It's offered me a chance to 'cash in' at a very nice rate but obv it's a done deal then I don't want to!

Yes, you're guaranteed to get some money, however you're not guaranteed to get  your stake back, that depends on the odds on the six/seven games you've won. To make sixfolds out of 8 games, you need 28 bets, and if "only" six of the games go in, you'll have lost on 27 of the coupons.

Add up the odds on the six games that's gone in and multiply by £0.071 to see your returns if England don't win. I say the £15 sounds good if you can only win an extra £1.72 if England wins.

Edit: Are you sure that's all correct like? As you can get evens for an England win, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't cash in and put £10 or something like that on England, making both your potential losses smaller and winnings larger.

Add up the odds on the six games that's gone in and multiply by £0.071 to see your returns if England don't win. I say the £15 sounds good if you can only win an extra £1.72 if England wins.

Edit: Are you sure that's all correct like? As you can get evens for an England win, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't cash in and put £10 or something like that on England, making both your potential losses smaller and winnings larger.

Yep, have cashed in. Put odds on a few months ago when odds were much longer. Most of the games were a strong side v weak side, the only one which messed me up was Holland-Denmark!

Guest Roger Kint

Ascot starting tomorrow ....

Lucky 15

15:05 - Bated Breath

15:45 - Power

16:25 - Dawn Approach

17:00 - Veiled

I went Wizz Kid/Power/Englishman/Lyric Ace. Love Royal Ascot.

Guest Roger Kint

Some tempting Wimbledon bets -

Treble on...

Nadal reaching final

Tsonga to end-up as France's best player

Del-Potro as Argentina's

£50 returns £370 net.

Seems a big price or is there another good Frenchy kicking about that i am forgetting? Looks a cracking treble tbh

Treble on...

Nadal reaching final

Del-Potro as Argentina's

£50 returns £370 net.

Seems a big price or is there another good Frenchy kicking about that i am forgetting? Looks a cracking treble tbh

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

7/4

Richard Gasquet

7/2

Gilles Simon

5/1

Gael Monfils

11/2

Michael Llodra

9/1

Julien Benneteau

11/1

Nicolas Mahut

11/1

Jeremy Chardy

16/1

Benoit Paire

16/1

Edouard Roger-Vasselin

Juan Martin Del Potro

4/6

David Nalbandian

10/3

Juan Monaco

11/2

Carlos Berlocq

9/1

Juan Ignacio Chela

12/1

Leonardo Mayer

14/1

Horacio Zeballos

Don't trust Richard Gasquet.. think he's gutless. :hmm: Although Monfils could be a danger.

Treble on...

Nadal reaching final

Del-Potro as Argentina's

£50 returns £370 net.

Tsonga is the top French seed - those odds look very generous though.

The French Tennis Federation (FFT) said that world number five Tsonga, Gilles Simon (13), Gael Monfils (15) and Richard Gasquet (19) were selected thanks to their status as France's top-ranked players as of June 11 this year.

Guest Roger Kint

Wow didnt realise i knew so many French players reading that :lol:

Still its a cracking bet as Tsonga is a tough kid to break down on grass. JDP is a bit more obvious barring any disasters, are they still trying to ban Nalbandian or they given up on that?

Not sure. But I'll probably wait until the draw comes out on Friday, just to see which player is in which half.

I'm also not sure if BV, or any bookie, would allow you to place the bet as a treble due to this traders law shit.

Not sure. But I'll probably wait until the draw comes out on Friday, just to see which player is in which half.

I'm also not sure if BV, or any bookie, would allow you to place the bet as a treble due to this traders law shit.

I checked with BV's live chat, they said you'd be able to place that bet but it would have to be manually done rather than through the website's system.

Anyone who has the sportingbet app on their phone, stake £20 on one race at Royal Ascot all this week and get £20 free bet the following day, applies all week I think.  I've had £10 e/w on Cogito in the 3.45 to get this.  22/1 so hardly hopeful :lol:

Anyone backing Noseda's horses, supposedly his yard has a virus at the minute, so I'd be careful with that.  Not done much today, a few £1/£2 bets on races with BetVictor so I can watch on my Iphone.  Gabrial & New Pearl e/w double and e/w singles.

If I manage to win anything at all I fancy that Simenon in the staying race later.  Did Veiled last year, but no prep run and recent form has put me off, hopefully don't regret it if I back the other one.