The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

The Fugue.....3.05 Ascot.

6/4 with ladbrokes but a massive 5/2 with Will Hill.

Looks to have an outstanding chance on the form. Was an unlucky loser last time out with a couple from that race re-appearing again.

All Aboard!!!

Gone for a small bet on Vow EW.

Why?

Just let people stick their little bets on without questioning everything man Stu :lol:

It likely won't come off, but it's not going to finantialy ruin him.

Wouldn't mind hearing his tips.

It'a all realistic apart from Man City doing the cup double. (Although, I think they will win the league and one cup.)

Germany to win Euro 2012

Man City to win PL

Man City to win FA Cup

Man City to win LC

Real Madrid to win CL

Real Madrid to win La Liga

Bayern Munich to win Bundesliga

PSG to win Ligue 1

£10 returns £60,000.

That's what I'll probably do If I manage to win something out of the QFs. :lol:

Which bookie let you put City and Real Madrid in there for more than one title?

Why?

Just let people stick their little bets on without questioning everything man Stu :lol:

It'a all realistic apart from Man City doing the cup double. (Although, I think they will win the league and one cup.)

Hanz - someone who has previously admitted to being persuaded to make a bet purely by the potential returns and is now down to smaller stakes, is now talking about putting a sizeable bet (by his current standards) onto something which gives a sizeable potential return (despite it being ridiculously unlikely)...he'd be better off chancing his luck with ten smaller bets with different teams.

Dinho - I'm waiting until after the Euros and the inevitable transfer rush before making any bets for next season. We'll stick our predictions up in the new thread :thup:

Looks to have an outstanding chance on the form. Was an unlucky loser last time out with a couple from that race re-appearing again.

All Aboard!!!

Vow has been progressing nicely but think it will be better over furthur than today's distance. The one tha could be a big danger is Princess Highway (someone mentioned it earlier for a free bet). Hard to weigh up the irish challengers because not really sure on what they have been facing but it looks in with a decent shout.

Germany to win Euro 2012

Man City to win PL

Man City to win FA Cup

Man City to win LC

Real Madrid to win CL

Real Madrid to win La Liga

Bayern Munich to win Bundesliga

PSG to win Ligue 1

£10 returns £60,000.

That's what I'll probably do If I manage to win something out of the QFs. :lol:

Which bookie let you put City and Real Madrid in there for more than one title?

BV, but I haven't placed it yet.

Why?

Hanz - someone who has previously admitted to being persuaded to make a bet purely by the potential returns and is now down to smaller stakes, is now talking about putting a sizeable bet (by his current standards) onto something which gives a sizeable potential return (despite it being ridiculously unlikely)...he'd be better off chancing his luck with ten smaller bets with different teams.

Dinho - I'm waiting until after the Euros and the inevitable transfer rush before making any bets for next season. We'll stick our predictions up in the new thread :thup:

First of all, it was only 2 or 3 bets. Secondly, I then said that I've stopped doing that habit. Thirdly, maybe you missed this bit - "That's what I'll probably do If I manage to win something out of the QFs".

Fourthly, enough of this betting police business shit. :smugdog:

As soon as you let up with the Simple Jack routine

http://atoast2toast.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/simple-jack.jpg?w=200

Odds of 6 seem too high for a Czech win tonight. It's not like they can't score goals,and if Ronaldo has a poor game I think it could rub off on Portugal team.

No bets placed yet but i'm thinking of small stake on Czech. Bigger stake on both to score and over 2.5.

As soon as you let up with the Simple Jack routine

http://atoast2toast.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/simple-jack.jpg?w=200

Hmm... I might have asked dumb questions yes, but that's only because I needed to be certain about what I'm doing as I badly can't afford to fuck-up anymore.

And btw, "doing a dinho"? Yes, I'm sure I'm the only one here that's lost big money.

Odds of 6 seem too high for a Czech win tonight. It's not like they can't score goals,and if Ronaldo has a poor game I think it could rub off on Portugal team.

No bets placed yet but i'm thinking of small stake on Czech. Bigger stake on both to score and over 2.5.

IMO Portugal will be too strong for their defence, I particularly think Ronaldo will be determined to run riot again. I also think Portugal's defence, while not being that strong, will be too good individually for C. Republic's weak attack. 

A Czech win it is then. :smugdog:

Portugal win to nil, Germany win to nil. Singles and double.

This double 150€ @ 6.30

125€ on Portugal (win) / Germany (win) / Spain (win) / England (to qualify). Returns 950€. Do it.

This 100€.

Ronaldo wincast 100€ @ 2.75

Nani wincast  50€  @ 5.50

Didn't really know what to bet but liked Ginolas and David28's bets.

All Aboard!!!

In regards to The Fugue, I'm not so sure.  Had some tough races already this season.  This will be her 4th Group race in about 6 weeks, she won't like the ground any softer (think more rain is forecast) and I'm not keen on the Epsom form, that race was a farce and I personally learnt nowt from it.

Not saying she's a lay, as she's arguably the best filly in the race.  Would just rather take her on with a bit of value.  Looks wide open, Shirocco Star has sound form, Momentary, Vow.... even Colima should run better than her price suggests.  There are lots of chances, in a quality looking race.  Just think 9/4 ish is a bit short.

Gone with Princess Highway and a small e/w on Kailani.  Still got The Fugue in one of my silly multiples mind.

All Aboard!!!

Vow has been progressing nicely but think it will be better over furthur than today's distance. The one tha could be a big danger is Princess Highway (someone mentioned it earlier for a free bet). Hard to weigh up the irish challengers because not really sure on what they have been facing but it looks in with a decent shout.

I think the Fugue was the best horse in the Oaks. There's no way that Was will turn out to be the best horse, it just got the run of the race from the front. If 5/2 is still available then I think it's a cracking price.

Shirocco Star should give another good showing but I think both the Fugue and Vow can reverse placings. Vow won the Oaks trial very well at Lingfield before his good 4th in the Oaks.

The Irish horse, Princess Highway, would have had a good chance if it didn't rain last night. Pat Smullen has just been on At The Races saying they probably need the ground to be a lot quicker and with more rain forecast it'll be difficult.

Ended up backing the Fugue to Win and put it in a reverse forecast with Vow.

Anyone have any reason to take Fame and Glory on? I'm thinking of backing one of the Godolphin horses just for value. Doesn't look like a massive betting race to me that one, more of a one to watch.

Anyone have any reason to take Fame and Glory on? I'm thinking of backing one of the Godolphin horses just for value. Doesn't look like a massive betting race to me that one, more of a one to watch.

Agreed.  According to the missus old man (works for Darley), Frankie is really keen on Colour Vision and asked to switch from Opinion Poll.  Read that there is no genuine front runner or pace in the field, so might not be a true test.  CV finished like a train in his last race, which would maybe suggest this could play into his hands?

As you say though, doesn't look like much of a betting race.  F&G too short, but his form in the book on the others.  Maybe a small reverse tricast with F&G, CV and Saddler's Rock?  Doubt it would pay much mind.