The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

I remember when a lot of people were saying he wouldn't get a game for Barcelona.

Iniesta and Sanchez are out so we won't know for a while whether Guardiola considers him a starter or not.

Rotation at worst, imo.

Of course. They wouldn't spend 40m on a player to park on the bench. But if they play 4-3-3 then I'm not sure whether Fabregas starts in the big matches. Say they get back to the CL final again. Who would you replace for Fabregas in the lineup from last year? Pedro? They've had a bunch of injuries to start this season so their defensive CMs have played at CB, meaning that their attacking CMs like Fabregas and Thiago have had a lot of starts. But, like I said, if they get back to the CL final, who does Fabregas replace from last year's lineup?

You'd have to be seriously deluded to suggest that La Liga is no less competitive than the Premier League. I know everyone on here tugs themselves off on it weekly but I bet it's no picnic if you support anyone other than those two.

Never mentioned the Premier League like, but I prefer to compare the final league table rather than a select couple of results at any one point in the year. Third in La Liga finished 21 points behind second last season. In the Premier League it was 0 points; 21 points behind the winner was pretty much Liverpool in 6th. In the SPL it was 29 points btw, going back to my original comparison. As a further example you'd have to double the points of the team in 8th in La Liga for them to have won the league. In the Premier League it's the team in 17th.