The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

If I was England manager I think I'd give up on trying to form a cohesive squad and just call up anyone english that plays for man utd. It'd just be easier. No squad cohesion issues. No Hollywood midfield players.

This keeper is definitely dodgy. Will be moved along on loan back to Spain next summer.

No chance. Anyone who's seen him play knows that he's a top 'keeper who would have eventually signed for Barca or Real if he stayed in Spain.

Has shown a tendency for lying on the ground and watching footballs roll past him.

My prediction ... he will be enjoying the Spanish sun with Xisco, on loan at Deportivo next season.

This keeper is definitely dodgy. Will be moved along on loan back to Spain next summer.

No chance. Anyone who's seen him play knows that he's a top 'keeper who would have eventually signed for Barca or Real if he stayed in Spain.

Has shown a tendency for lying on the ground and watching footballs roll past him.

My prediction ... he will be enjoying the Spanish sun with Xisco, on loan at Deportivo next season.

Clearly never seen him play before then. It's a test of his mental strength more than his ability. A cracking keeper suffering from confidence issues if you like.

De Gea - the worst keeper in the Premiership?

Bit of a random tangent, forgive me forumites. How was Reo-Coker for you yesterday?

Looked excellent, possibly MOTM and what we've been missing in midfield really.

Good move on a free. Good player, when confidence is shown in him. I like him.

:thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What was De Gea's mistake like?  What would the reaction be on here if Krul did something similar? :-X

There'd be cries for Mike Hooper to be back in goal.

Clearly never seen him play before then. It's a test of his mental strength more than his ability. A cracking keeper suffering from confidence issues if you like.

:lol:

Sorry, just messing about. I really don't know much about him to be honest.

Just trying my hand at being a naysayer for a bit. It was fun.

De Gea needs to be careful though. It's tough to shake that reputation of being a dodgy keeper once it sticks.

Surprised ManU went with someone so young and relatively inexperienced tbh.

Ferguson isn't very patient with keepers either, once they start droppign clangers.

If I was England manager I think I'd give up on trying to form a cohesive squad and just call up anyone english that plays for man utd. It'd just be easier. No squad cohesion issues. No Hollywood midfield players.

Won't be far off anyway in the next few years. Jones, Smalling, Cleverly, and Rooney make a pretty good spine. Add Sturridge, Wilshere, and Johnson (if he can play regularly) and there may be some hope.

f***ing holocaust goalkeeping

Really didn't look good at all on the West Brom goal.

Whats strange is that he seemed to see the ball all the way through, and dived in time, but the ball seemed to roll under his arms or something.

Very strange.