Darlington 0-2 Newcastle United

ponsaelius

Guest palnese

Lee Ryder:

Guthrie didn't look happy when he came off and kicked a water bottle on his way off.

Nobody touched him he must have pulled a hamstring or suchlike.

Good news for HBA fans - the lad is really getting stuck in!

I'm liking what I see here.

Lee Ryder:

It may only be a friendly against Darlo and football is a sight for sore eyes after the summer break, but there is a fluidity about the way Newcastle are knocking it about.

Simpson rolled it to Barton down the right and Cabaye enjoyed some of his first touches.

He picked out Ben Arfa in the right channel and found Best but his double attempt to score was cleared by Darlo on 16 minutes

"It may only be a friendly against Darlo and football is a sight for sore eyes after the summer break, but there is a fluidity about the way Newcastle are knocking it about."

Positive stuff :thup:

What happened to Guthrie? Was it a tackle or did he just pull a groin/calf/hammy or something?

Pulled up.

:thup:

If he came off early enough it's probably only about a week or 2. Could have been worse.

Lee Ryder: We are approaching the 20 minute mark and Darlo are yet to test Forster.

I think the plan tonight is to field virtually two teams.

Cabaye fizzed a shot in from distance on 20 minutes but it was well over the top.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu Ben Arfa Injured?

Is that blood on his right leg?

:troll:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/2009/10/custom_1256950366573_banhammer15gq9.jpg