Darlington 0-2 Newcastle United

ponsaelius

Knew it wouldn't be a popular viewpoint like, its just something I've pondered before, the idea would like be more applicable to lower league grounds where trouble inside the ground is more likely.

Guest Recoba

Sammy looked sharp.  Ben Arfa was really gd. Cabaye tidy.

Vuckic reminded me of a young van persie.

Enjoyed the match, nice to see all the lads back and a return to sanity for me(how ive missed football!!).

Pitch invasion was initially a laugh considering the chant and the timing of the goal but turned ugly instantly, i felt ashamed when the drunken 16/17 year olds were coming back onto the stands with beer in hand and no tops on taking pictures of each other, its no wonder people think of northerners  as neandathols.

also noticed barfa and cabaye shocked and ben arfa especially disgusted/annoyed that they were stopping player, well done to them 'fans' on welcoming the new lads personally to english football.

Mongs.

P.s abeid or whatever looked canny for a fringe.player

or not have the first friendly of the season at a club a few miles down the road scheduled for a friday evening...

Sadly, morons are going to be morons whatever time of day or night it is.

Wait til we go down to Leeds.  :undecided:

or not have the first friendly of the season at a club a few miles down the road scheduled for a friday evening...

Aye, could get a bit messy. Those Yorkshire twats are reet bastads. :knuppel2:

That is on a Sunday afternoon, some people might be nursing a hangover from Saturday night. :undecided:

Won't happen at Leeds, better stewarding and the idea that its a league club which could mean court appearances will stop them. Those twats tonight will have been to many away days but tonight because of the numbers and such they felt like they could do as they pleased.

That is on a Sunday afternoon, some people might be nursing a hangover from Saturday night. :undecided:

Aye it'll be a weekend job for quite a few. On the lash all day Saturday, get topped up Sunday morning/afternoon, go to the match, train home Sunday night.

Certainly got potential. 

Aye, could get a bit messy. Those Yorkshire twats are reet bastads. :knuppel2:

Just wait for the shit storm of blood and booze fueled violence that is Kansas City, Missouri.

Not good hearing Ben Arfa looked annoyed by it, not exactly the most emotionally stable player at the best of times!

Tbh i saw him laughing about it after it happened. Best was f***ing pissing himself.

There was always going to be trouble when 6,000+ away fans turn up and there's about 20 stewards. The policing of the match was absolutely shocking.

Anyway , ill hoy some ratings up:

Fraser Forster - 7 - Looked very decent , although i think he actually injured Ferguson

Danny Simpson - 5 - Looked off the pace, some crap touches

Mike Williamson - 6- Ok , didnt have much to do

Steven Taylor- 6 - See above

Shane Ferguson- 5  - Very weak in the air, went off inured and didnt have much influence in the match

Yohan Cabaye - 7 - Class passer of the ball , Linked up with HBA really well, got stuck in

Alan Smith - 5- Typical Alan Smith performance

Joey Barton -7 - Influential , showed a lot of appreciation to the fans

Hatem Ben Arfa- 8 - Just a special talent, looked very sharp but in parts rusty if you know what i mean.

Haris Vuckic- 4- Pretty poor , horrible touch

Leon Best - 7 - Showed some great bits of skill, should have scored but their Goalie was pretty good for that level

Sammy Ameobi - 7 - Kid looked a world beater when he came on, great goal

Mehdi Abeid - 6 - Good touch , confident.

Raylor - 6 - Meh.

All the rest didn't have enough time for a judgement.

Some good banter but a hell of a lot of radgies about. Once again the Police were shocking but some of our 'fans' need to take a look at themselves. The pitch invasion was in good humour mind but it was the odd scuffles that were embarrassing.

Banning alcohol at grounds would else help to ease the problem of SJP half emptying after 35 minutes and not getting back to capacity till 55 minute mark. Some of the match goers are more interested in a pie and a pint out the back, than the actual match.

At over £3.50 a pint do you really think they'll stop selling grog at half time. The only thing that puzzles me is the fact that folk pay that price for rancid beer.

Not good hearing Ben Arfa looked annoyed by it, not exactly the most emotionally stable player at the best of times!

Tbh i saw him laughing about it after it happened. Best was f***ing pissing himself.

There was always going to be trouble when 6,000+ away fans turn up and there's about 20 stewards. The policing of the match was absolutely shocking.

Fraser Forster - 7 - Looked very decent , although i think he actually injured Ferguson

Shane Ferguson- 5  - Very weak in the air, went off inured and didnt have much influence in the match

Yohan Cabaye - 7 - Class passer of the ball , Linked up with HBA really well, got stuck in

Hatem Ben Arfa- 8 - Just a special talent, looked very sharp but in parts rusty if you know what i mean.

Leon Best - 7 - Showed some great bits of skill, should have scored but their Goalie was pretty good for that level

Raylor - 6 - Meh.

Some good banter but a hell of a lot of radgies about. Once again the Police were shocking but some of our 'fans' need to take a look at themselves. The pitch invasion was in good humour mind but it was the odd scuffles that were embarrassing.

No way Vuckic was worse than Alan Smith like.

Shane Ferguson- 5  - Very weak in the air, went off inured and didnt have much influence in the match

Raylor - 6 - Meh.

I'm afraid so, Smith actually completed a pass a few times. Vuckic looked hopeless unfortunately.

From a Darlo forum :

How the hell did they manage to get all the drink in, I past 3 people being sick on the way out, don't think I've ever seen a more pissed up bunch.

:troll:

All in perspective though. Wonder when the last team brought over 6k to their ground? ???

Won't happen at Leeds, better stewarding and the idea that its a league club which could mean court appearances will stop them. Those twats tonight will have been to many away days but tonight because of the numbers and such they felt like they could do as they pleased.

:sadnod:

Yeah, can't really see anything happening at Elland Road due to its stature compared to Darlington.

Shane Ferguson- 5  - Very weak in the air, went off inured and didnt have much influence in the match

Raylor - 6 - Meh.

I'm afraid so, Smith actually completed a pass a few times. Vuckic looked hopeless unfortunately.

Thought he was alright. Kept cutting inside onto his weaker foot because going outside onto his left is hardly his game. He linked up alright when he drifted into the centre.

Smith was horseshit as usual.

:sadnod:

Yeah, can't really see anything happening at Elland Road due to its stature compared to Darlington.

I meant bother in and around Leeds city centre that weekend rather than actual pitch invasions. :thup:

Guest icemanblue

I missed all of the 2nd half, gutted. Hoying up aal ower then sat outside on me own, didn't help that i'd had nowt to eat all day.

I saw you before and after the match, like. You looked as if you'd just found out you had a day to live when you were outside! :lol:

I missed all of the 2nd half, gutted. Hoying up aal ower then sat outside on me own, didn't help that i'd had nowt to eat all day.

I saw you before and after the match, like. You looked as if you'd just found out you had a day to live when you were outside! :lol:

:lol: