Players whose contracts run out next year

Guest Antec

Guthrie will get an extension, Shola probably will too. The rest on that bit, barring a miracle with Jose/Barton, will be off.

Of the young-uns, I'd say Tavernier, Sammy Ameobi and Richardson will almost certainly get deals. In the 'maybe' pile for me are Newton, Kadar, Airey and Soderberg.

Inman will be off imo, despite all that initial promise.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Think Inman will get an extension, if he hasn't already had one, due to missing last season due to injury.

I really do not understand the 'love' of Shola. He's inept, totally useless. 1 good game in 10 and destroys our attacks without the need for the opposition to field defenders. There are so many better options in the Championship than him. He has not improved one iota since that night against Leverkusen with LuaLua under Robson because he seems to be the complete antithesis to work ethic and responsibility. Every single game of Football Manager I've ever played as Newcastle I give him away on a free before I press Continue the first time.

I really do not understand the 'love' of Shola. He's inept, totally useless. 1 good game in 10 and destroys our attacks without the need for the opposition to field defenders. There are so many better options in the Championship than him. He has not improved one iota since that night against Leverkusen with LuaLua under Robson because he seems to be the complete antithesis to work ethic and responsibility. Every single game of Football Manager I've ever played as Newcastle I give him away on a free before I press Continue the first time.

:laugh:

Man, I love Shola.

He destroys Sunderland. O0

It isn't serious.

It isn't serious.

annoyance disapproval disdain

Pretty much how I feel, except I simultaneously take over Chelsea or Man U and put a £25m bid in.

Guest Antec

Does he ever come back to haunt you?