Our local press

Guest BooBoo

Make sure you post the answer as well. Btw, I could list dozens of twitter accounts that have been questioning Ryder publicly...

You probably could but how many are relevant to the sender of this question? I love it when you 'pretend' you are as thick as mince......

The webchats not loading up atm. The answer was 'Unfounded....[...]...Anyone who suggests otherwise doesnt know what they are talking about' iirc

So you know that I'm not as thick as mince. A start, I suppose.

In our exchanges the other day Ryder did call to tell me that there was a direct line from Shepherd to Oliver. I would wager a similar line still exists.

Ryder is under a lot of pressure at the moment, matter of time until he shows some weakness.

He had a free path to Shepherd's office whenever he wanted IIRC. Met Shepherd at least once a week.

Not surprising tbh, just don't see how people can think that the new regime and current journos at NCJ are any less corrupt.

Oh, and Shepherd acted like he owned the local papers too.

If he heard a story they were doing and didn't like it, he'd ring the newsdesk and tell them not to run it :lol:

The live chat was a farce by the looks of things:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/05/webchat-with-chief-sports-writer-lee-ryder-72703-29182907/

Look at the comments, people asking questions that Lee should be answering which were obviously censored. The reason for the webchat was the pressure he was put under midweek. Been in touch with a few people, as well as a friend who watched the whole webchat - there wasn't one question about Ryder's journalism or any link to the club that he may have...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/05/webchat-with-chief-sports-writer-lee-ryder-72703-29182907/

Look at the comments, people asking questions that Lee should be answering which were obviously censored. The reason for the webchat was the pressure he was put under midweek. Been in touch with a few people, as well as a friend who watched the whole webchat - there wasn't one question about Ryder's journalism or any link to the club that he may have...

It was the third question man :lol:

And the 4th and a few more after that ffs. Jesus Colocho. :lol:

Can only go on what others have said. What was asked then?

morning...why doesnt the chronicle ask harder questions of the club?...the andy carroll money etc..

Hi Lee, Kev Moore from United For Newcastle here! As a leading Journalist in the north east and some what of a respresentitive of NUFC fans. What is your response to claims that you only report what the club "allows"?

Have you conveyed the anger and toxic amtmosphere that now exists and is even more prevelent than before following their yet again broken promises to the fans. Do you as a reporter and Pardew, Ashley, Lambias reall y realise the depth of this

As the local paper, how does the Chronicle put 'hard' issues to the club, and how do the club respond given their lack of communication?

Lee, are you really aware of the acute dismay and anger there currently exists from the fanbase towards this regime and their parsmonious to the the point of fagan-esque tight-fistedness? I'm aware you're duty bound to sugar coat things less you be completely excluded from the Derek Llambias & cuddly Mike show, but that could be do the detriment of the local press long term.

They were some of the tougher questions.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roger Kint

Time for this lot to stand up and ask serious questions!!

Will they though?

Ryder said this morning he sent a list of fans questions to the club last month. Got no reply at all.

Guest Roger Kint

Time for this lot to stand up and ask serious questions!!

Will they though?

Ryder said this morning he sent a list of fans questions to the club last month. Got no reply at all.

Hmmm, so a follow up article?

He did it today on the Chronicle website(his blog i think)

• 3 months later...