Our local press

Guest BooBoo

Seems faintly ridiculous to me, the suggestion that the paper shouldn't offer opinion for fear of sanction by the club. Maybe all press should start doing that, no questions asked of the government in case they take the huff?

Personally I couldn't give two fucks if the club banned Thomson House... what would I be missing out on? Exclusives with Steven Taylor - "We'll do it for the fans"? It's certainly not informed transfer news because they generally report absolute shite and tend to be days or weeks behind the foreign press and it's years since I actually learned anything new whatsoever from a piece they printed. At least they'd have a shred of credibility.

I'd be much more inclined to buy something that I thought was going to offer interesting opinion pieces rather than arselicking and cliched soundbites and I think that's the way media is going in general, opinion rather than news, which is too easily available online.

In complete agreement with you there Wullie.

Somewhere along the line the press as a whole had their teeth pulled, probably goes back to Wapping.

They should reflect the locals concerns, they should ask the tough questions of the club. If they get banned from the ground they buy tickets and they escalate (or at least continue) their tough line. They'd sell more papers that way for a start.

Tugging their proverbial forelocks at the first sound of displeasure emanating from the St James' boardroom makes them spineless toadies.

Seems faintly ridiculous to me, the suggestion that the paper shouldn't offer opinion for fear of sanction by the club. Maybe all press should start doing that, no questions asked of the government in case they take the huff?

Personally I couldn't give two fucks if the club banned Thomson House... what would I be missing out on? Exclusives with Steven Taylor - "We'll do it for the fans"? It's certainly not informed transfer news because they generally report absolute shite and tend to be days or weeks behind the foreign press and it's years since I actually learned anything new whatsoever from a piece they printed. At least they'd have a shred of credibility.

I'd be much more inclined to buy something that I thought was going to offer interesting opinion pieces rather than arselicking and cliched soundbites and I think that's the way media is going in general, opinion rather than news, which is too easily available online.

Great post.

Both papers are dying a total death and they're laying people off left, right and centre.

I know that the Chronicle now gets printed overnight with the Journal.  Does it still get released in the afternoon or is it on the shelves in the morning now?

Both papers are dying a total death and they're laying people off left, right and centre.

I know that the Chronicle now gets printed overnight with the Journal.  Does it still get released in the afternoon or is it on the shelves in the morning now?

The Chronicle has ALWAYS been on sale in the city centre at 1030AM just the same way The Sunday Sun was always on sale at 9PM on a saturday night in town.

Chronicle is delivered to newsagents midday-ish I think.

Edit: obviously I'm going to the wrong places, namely Gateshead. Aye, guess it's earlier selling it about the city.

Chronicle is delivered to newsagents midday-ish I think.

Edit: obviously I'm going to the wrong places, namely Gateshead.

The Ronniegill gadgies are setting up ready when i go into work at 9 and have their papers on sale at 1030, always have done.

Just had a browse through Ryder and Douglas' Twitter timelines. They've been absolutely slaughtered in the last 2 days.

The main reason for being 'sacked' from UFN was contributing to this...

Price worth paying tbh.

They still do the late editions of the Ronny? I always remember being sent to shop as a young 'un to ensure an afternoon/late edition.

Not sure, the ronniegill gadgies are usually gone when i make my way home at 6.

They moved the printing down to Teesside so I think they only do one issue a day now.

They still do the late editions of the Ronny? I always remember being sent to shop as a young 'un to ensure an afternoon/late edition.

They moved the printing down to Teesside so I think they only do one issue a day now.

I thought that was just temp due to a technical problem at Newcastle.

The Chronicle has ALWAYS been on sale in the city centre at 1030AM just the same way The Sunday Sun was always on sale at 9PM on a saturday night in town.

Are you trying to tell me off or something? :lol:

I'm saying that there's a difference now in terms of when the paper is printed.  It's now printed overnight and ready at roughly the same time The Journal is, i.e. 4 or 5 in the morning.  There's a difference between that sort of time and 10.30am in the morning.  They also used to print various versions throughout the day, which is no longer the case.  My question was to do with whether they just put it on the shelf with The Journal and the other tabloids early morning now, or whether they're still selling it as an 'afternoon' or 'evening' paper and don't start selling until later on.

I know this because my dad works there and has done for over 20 years.  It's a recent development so maybe you hadn't heard.  Fuck it, I'll just ask me dad. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Nice dig at Colocho on the webchat:

Comment From UnitedForNewcastleUnitedForNewcastle: ]

Hi Lee, Kev Moore from United For Newcastle here! As a leading Journalist in the north east and some what of a respresentitive of NUFC fans. What is your response to claims that you only report what the club "allows"?

:troll:

Guest Roger Kint

Make sure you post the answer as well. Btw, I could list dozens of twitter accounts that have been questioning Ryder publicly...

You probably could but how many are relevant to the sender of this question? I love it when you 'pretend' you are as thick as mince......

The webchats not loading up atm. The answer was 'Unfounded....[...]...Anyone who suggests otherwise doesnt know what they are talking about' iirc

Make sure you post the answer as well. Btw, I could list dozens of twitter accounts that have been questioning Ryder publicly...

You probably could but how many are relevant to the sender of this question? I love it when you 'pretend' you are as thick as mince......

The webchats not loading up atm. The answer was 'Unfounded....[...]...Anyone who suggests otherwise doesnt know what they are talking about' iirc

So you know that I'm not as thick as mince. A start, I suppose.

In our exchanges the other day Ryder did call to tell me that there was a direct line from Shepherd to Oliver. I would wager a similar line still exists.

Ryder is under a lot of pressure at the moment, matter of time until he shows some weakness.

I thought that was just temp due to a technical problem at Newcastle.

Not according to this article.

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2011/news/trinity-mirror-to-axe-26-jobs-in-north-east-on-black-day-for-industry/

What's Kev's role in the group?

He will be the sole representative of the campaign on Monday at a supporter meeting being run by NUFCFansUtd. Concerning.

By publicly 'sacking' me and releasing that awful statement (they threatened me with it first) they have lost all credibility amongst many of the ex-NUSC and NUST members as well as other who attended the first Irish Centre meeting.

He attended a similar meeting with Chris a few months ago, where the terms 'ego', 'leader' and 'shoe-waving' were relayed back to me (not by Kevin). He did meet with Simon Esland back in March/April time, which was a great step for us. Unfortunately, Simon has been 'unavailable' to meet since, . I did manage to have a few phone calls with him though, and he did say the meeting was 'interesting'...

Apart from that he contributed very little apart from a few badly spelt Facebook statuses and consistently making an idiot of himself on Twitter, including calling a single-mother a 'cunt' for selling her Sunderland ticket and attacking fans/fan groups. He attacked a major fan group the day before yesterday, and called another NUFC supporter a 'moron' for questioning the effectiveness of the 'Poznan protest'.

His main justification for having me out of the group, was for questioning Lee Ryders' journalism on Wednesday. I did not swear or insult Lee - but Kevin described the comments as 'unacceptable, direspettful and poor'.

There was another occasion when Chris and I advised him not to advertise his friends photography 'business' on FB and Twitter and he 'resigned' for a week.

He started contributing to the group after an unexplained two-month absence after the Darlington match a few weeks ago.

His heart is in the right place though, and I genuinely thought he was a good person until he conspired with Chris to change the passwords on the email address and twitter accounts that were technically mine.

So you know that I'm not as thick as mince. A start, I suppose.

In our exchanges the other day Ryder did call to tell me that there was a direct line from Shepherd to Oliver. I would wager a similar line still exists.

Ryder is under a lot of pressure at the moment, matter of time until he shows some weakness.

He had a free path to Shepherd's office whenever he wanted IIRC. Met Shepherd at least once a week.