Summer from Hell

Guest BooBoo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vinkent

Is it just me or is this transfer window just like our US tour? Looked all doom and gloom to the point of no return and then all of a sudden right at the end we start to bounce back? If we get a striker through the door tomorrow I dare say Id be mildly content...  What a bloody strange summer!

Is it just me or is this transfer window just like our US tour? Looked all doom and gloom to the point of no return and then all of a sudden right at the end we start to bounce back? If we get a striker through the door tomorrow I dare say Id be mildly content...  What a bloody strange summer!

I'd be pretty bloody happy with a striker and no sales. The real disappointment will be not replacing Barton.

Not many clubs fill all the gaps in their squads but I think we will have made fairly big strides.

Guest BooBoo

If we sign a striker who is a) decent and b) not a loanee then I will pretty satisfied. We've certainly been out through the mill though this summer.

If we get a striker in then it's just about been an acceptable window.

Nolan I was not disappointed about at all afterwards and Enrique was seemingly unavoidable. Barton was a ludicrous decision really (even though i don't rate him as highly as some) and I still think we'll miss him at times this season, but I hope that this might liberate Cabaye. Hell it might even give somebody like Vuckic more chances and for the long term future he has the potential to be better than Joey IMO.

We'll still be light in defence. As it stands, any sort of injury to Coloccini and we're knackered.

Agreed. It hasn't been the 'Summer from Hell', but still several chances missed. We could have signed a quality centre-back, a quality striker (still might) and N'Zogbia... then continued the whole penny-pinching thing with the likes of Cabaye and Marveaux anyway, on top. The losses of Nolan, Barton and Enrique are all incredibly disappointing, too.

If we buy a striker, it'll make the whole thing just about acceptable.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Neil. Some of these comments are absurd. We have had far worse summers than this.

We have gotten rid of Nolan who was useless except when scoring. We've gotten rid of Routledge who was on loan anyways. We've signed Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba.

Barton hasn't left yet and neither has Enrique. If those two leaves and we sign no cover then sure its not been a good one. But I think we're in a better position than last year no doubt. Time will tell though

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a ridiculous statement to make.

Tbf, it's not that far from the truth. His goals and character were massive for us last season, but aside from that he didn't bring much to the table.

Without his goals and leadership last season, we could have been relegated.

Without his goals and leadership the season before, we may not have been promoted.

It's fine to describe Nolan as a limited player (because he is) but in football, what is more important than scoring goals?

Sorry for the bump but :troll:

I agree with Neil. Some of these comments are absurd. We have had far worse summers than this.

We have gotten rid of Nolan who was useless except when scoring. We've gotten rid of Routledge who was on loan anyways. We've signed Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba.

Barton hasn't left yet and neither has Enrique. If those two leaves and we sign no cover then sure its not been a good one. But I think we're in a better position than last year no doubt. Time will tell though

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a ridiculous statement to make.

Tbf, it's not that far from the truth. His goals and character were massive for us last season, but aside from that he didn't bring much to the table.

Without his goals and leadership last season, we could have been relegated.

Without his goals and leadership the season before, we may not have been promoted.

It's fine to describe Nolan as a limited player (because he is) but in football, what is more important than scoring goals?

Sorry for the bump but :troll:

If this is directed at me specifically, what's your point?