Summer from Hell

Guest BooBoo

I see?

With no money, it's hard to get your expectations too high.

That's what I was insinuating. Whereas we have £30-40 million in the bank which should be spent on new players.

Absolutely no reason for us not to spend at least £15 million in transfer fees on new players this summer.

I agree with Neil. Some of these comments are absurd. We have had far worse summers than this.

We have gotten rid of Nolan who was useless except when scoring. We've gotten rid of Routledge who was on loan anyways. We've signed Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba.

Barton hasn't left yet and neither has Enrique. If those two leaves and we sign no cover then sure its not been a good one. But I think we're in a better position than last year no doubt. Time will tell though

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a ridiculous statement to make.

I agree with Neil. Some of these comments are absurd. We have had far worse summers than this.

We have gotten rid of Nolan who was useless except when scoring. We've gotten rid of Routledge who was on loan anyways. We've signed Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba.

Barton hasn't left yet and neither has Enrique. If those two leaves and we sign no cover then sure its not been a good one. But I think we're in a better position than last year no doubt. Time will tell though

One the the most oxymoronic things I've ever read (Felipao's comment).

Tbf, it's not that far from the truth. His goals and character were massive for us last season, but aside from that he didn't bring much to the table.

Guest WashyGeordie

Tbf, it's not that far from the truth. His goals and character were massive for us last season, but aside from that he didn't bring much to the table.

So he brought something 'massive' to the table then?  :shifty:

I've quite enjoyed my summer so far.

I'm buggered if I am going to let a bunch of over-pampered, prima donna, millionaire footballers upset it.

They can all go fuck themselves.

pretty much this.

So he brought something 'massive' to the table then?  :shifty:

Nar na, just goals. Goals only win games,. Oh s*** I forgot, he didn't take a corner last year...therefore he was useless.

His goalscoring was very good yes and he was also a brilliant captain, but there must have been a good 15 matches last season where Nolan was a complete passenger which left a big gaping hole in our midfield.

So being a great captain gets turned on and off like a switch?

Without his goals and leadership last season, we could have been relegated.

Without his goals and leadership the season before, we may not have been promoted.

It's fine to describe Nolan as a limited player (because he is) but in football, what is more important than scoring goals?

So he brought something 'massive' to the table then?  :shifty:

Nar na, just goals. Goals only win games,. Oh s*** I forgot, he didn't take a corner last year...therefore he was useless.

:lol: :lol:  i just wonder those who keep saying that Nolan is shit except he can score, do they understand that goals decide whether you win the game not how good you play

Didn't Nolan also have a succesful pass rate of 82 % ?

According to Opta, he attempted 1009 passes, completing 877 = 87% pass rate.

But on the downside, he only created 26 goalscoring chances, 1 assist.  That's pretty poor for an attacking midfielder.

But on the downside, he only created 26 goalscoring chances, 1 assist.  That's pretty poor for an attacking midfielder.

Didn't he score something like 13 goals last season though? Which is like the most in the league from any midfielder or something?

But on the downside, he only created 26 goalscoring chances, 1 assist.  That's pretty poor for an attacking midfielder.

True, i knew he wasn't the most creative  with his passing though i didn't have the stats and yes you are right that isn't great for an attacking midfielder though being able to keep the ball is, imo another attribute which people should give him credit for even if he isn't creative.

But on the downside, he only created 26 goalscoring chances, 1 assist.  That's pretty poor for an attacking midfielder.

Not important when you've scored 12 goals.

Not important when you've scored 12 goals.

Perhaps. Someone similar.

Tim Cahill 9 goals. 3 assists from 33 chances created.