Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Think Obertan didn't too bad against Man Utd. Point to prove against former club and all that. Still think we'll see the usual Obertan tomorrow.

he actually did well last time against man u. I think he will be top motivated to prove ferguson wrong tomorrow.

It does not look like he could care less sometimes. Just uninterested.

I lost it when he was "tackled" by the ref, or ran into him is more correct.

He just f***ing stood there and looked stupid, like he was going to cry.

I screamed obscure words to the TV, felt embarrassed afterwards.

Look what you made me do Obertan, i lost it.

this got to me as well, reacted in a similar way....was fuming, stood watching as if the ref was gona give him it back

Guest bimpy474

Especially not when it's compounded by a perceived lack of effort.

Its not perceived its true at the moment, the Liverpool game he didn't try especially when we didn't have the ball, fans will forgive a lot but will never ever forgive a lack of effort, and that would be every club from the very top to a Sunday park.

It very blatantly is perceived.

Well whatever the description you want to use from the dictionary, he can play crap but still put effort in, which he isn't and thats why he is getting stick.

Guest BooBoo

I think Obertan is most definately Pardew's signing, especially as he said he had an eye on him for a few years, which would strongly indicate that Carr had nothing to do with this one.

Classic! The good signings are Carr's. The bad ones are Pardew's.

:lol:

This is the cue for him to score a fucking raker tomorrow night and confound his many critics.

He actually looks like he's got the tools to score a few rakers but would much rather play it safe and not get too near the penalty area. Lacks bottle and desire from what we've seen so far.

This is the cue for him to score a f***ing raker tomorrow night and confound his many critics.

He actually looks like he's got the tools to score a few rakers but would much rather play it safe and not get too near the penalty area. Lacks bottle and desire from what we've seen so far.

Agree with that apart from it looks to me more like a lack of self belief than bottle or desire.

Whatever it is I struggle to think of a player who has frustrated me more in recent years, however like a couple have just said Jonas's last few performances have been just as bad.

Hes been better than Jonas recently

:idiot2:

Gutierrez has been poor, Obertan has been abysmal.

this, anyone suggesting anything else is out of their  minds.

Obertan has still managed two assists in his last 3 games. Jonas has had trouble just passing to one of our players in the oppositions half recently.

Theyve both been crap.

Guest neesy111

Hes been better than Jonas recently

:idiot2:

Gutierrez has been poor, Obertan has been abysmal.

this, anyone suggesting anything else is out of their  minds.

Obertan has still managed two assists in his last 3 games. Jonas has had trouble just passing to one of our players in the oppositions half recently.

Theyve both been crap.

Agree with Jayson.  At least Obertan has contributed in the last few games, Jonas hasn't at all.

I think Obertan is most definately Pardew's signing, especially as he said he had an eye on him for a few years, which would strongly indicate that Carr had nothing to do with this one.

Pardew did say he had an eye on him for a  few years, so i think with that being said Obertan probably was.

Pardew did say he had an eye on him for a  few years, so i think with that being said Obertan probably was.

I refuse to believe he had an eye on him for a few years and still signed him. :facepalm: