Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

"I contacted Sir Alex about him early at the start of the summer to see if there was an opportunity to bring him to Newcastle, but it wasn't until Wayne Routledge joined Swansea that we were able to bring him in.

Encouraging quote in terms of him being lined up from a while and being a replacement for Routledge rather than Barton.

(Unless it's all smoke and mirrors, propaganda, lies etc yeah yeah blah blah I know all that)

Guest bimpy474

Wonder if he's mates with Simpson at all.

He said in the Chronicle i think, that he knew him from Man Utd, not closely i would suspect as Simmo has been here a while now, still at least knowing him and Ben Arfa will help him settle in.

Guest CheickMansour

Pleased with this, things seem a whole lot more positive at te club once again. Retail therapy.

Guest bimpy474

Wonder if he's mates with Simpson at all.

He says he knows him from Man U days.

Damn my slow typing one finger :)

I don't know if he'll sink or swim here but one thing I like about this deal is he's young and hungry and after his Man U experience he'll probably be burning to prove a point. With the likes of HBA itching to get back and Vukic hovering around the first team squad I can see some energy and pace in this season's team. Reminds me a bit of Bobby Robson's team before fat Fred started interfering.

Guest bimpy474

I don't know if he'll sink or swim here but one thing I like about this deal is he's young and hungry and after his Man U experience he'll probably be burning to prove a point. With the likes of HBA itching to get back and Vukic hovering around the first team squad I can see some energy and pace in this season's team. Reminds me a bit of Bobby Robson's team before fat Fred started interfering.

:snod:

Greg, I posted it as a tongue in cheek comment, not the first or the last person to do that. I think most people got that much. You my friend, are the idiot.

Pull yourself together.

No, you posted utter shite just like the majority of your posts.

No wonder you were kicked out of United for Newcastle. I can't think of anyone on this board as stupid as you and that includes vicky and NE5.

Guest DavB93

Think this is a good signing...adds to our squad and see him as a better replacement for Routledge. I'm starting to look forward to the match on Saturday even if we don't manage to sign a new striker by then.

Greg, I posted it as a tongue in cheek comment, not the first or the last person to do that. I think most people got that much. You my friend, are the idiot.

Pull yourself together.

No, you posted utter shite just like the majority of your posts.

No wonder you were kicked out of United for Newcastle. I can't think of anyone on this board as stupid as you and that includes vicky and NE5.

Cool, mate. Keep it up.

O0

Guest Heneage

In many ways he seems the perfect signing for us. He's young with clear technical ability and impressive speed. He's had an introduction to the Premier League already and bedded in with Manchester United's reserves meaning he will have played with a good standard of player for the last few years.

We obviously have a large French contingent including Mehdi Abeid who is also in the process of settling. I imagine havine your countrymen nearby to hang out with and train will only make you happy and thus work better. His confidence should grow and we should get the player some Manchester United fans have alluded too.

Looking at him from purely an ability standpoint, he's a fast wideman who I think will offer more than Routledge because he actually takes his man on. Away from home he will give us further pace for the counter attack and at home he gives us more options. Overall I'm really happy we've managed to buy him for essentially £1m*

*(Subtracting Routledge's fee).

after years of not having lots of pace in our team we now have lots of pace in our team.

And the pace with technique guys too, not the headless chicken types who have no timing or anticipation.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/5/21/1242905926500/Obafemi-Martins-001.jpg