L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Fair enough, I was just responding to the point that he couldn't change the game from the bench, something that he clearly did do.

he fucking picked shola to start man, minutes in it was clear it was an awful decision yet he takes off his own signing ba - laughable man

stooge, puppet, fuckwit imo

:nope: Shola did far more in the first half than Ba.

Don't think anyone is saying Shola is better than Ba.

ah ma, i daren't even ask - what are you saying then?

Just that Pardew did change the game from the bench by introducing Obertan, that was the debate we were having.

yeah, he changed it from his woeful initial decision, no credit deserved i'm sorry man

Obertan for Ba was a good sub imo.

I think (or at least I really, really hope) that Ba is comfortably a better player than Shola in general, but on the day Shola was playing better and Ba looked like he was way off the pace. Subbing him was the correct decision.

Obertan came on and changed the game.

If Pardew did make a mistake in this aspect, it was not lining up 4-5-1 from the start.

Fair enough, I was just responding to the point that he couldn't change the game from the bench, something that he clearly did do.

he fucking picked shola to start man, minutes in it was clear it was an awful decision yet he takes off his own signing ba - laughable man

'cause sholas immobility was more aligned to the 50 yard hoofs we played for most of the game....aye, let's hang ba out to dry then :thup:

'cause sholas immobility was more aligned to the 50 yard hoofs we played for most of the game....aye, let's hang ba out to dry then :thup:

Nobody's hanging Ba out to dry, but you can't always make subs solely based on who's the better player in the abstract.

Given how the first half panned out, taking Ba off instead of Shola was 100% the correct decision.

Nobody's hanging Ba out to dry, but you can't always make subs solely based on who's the better player in the abstract.

Given how the first half panned out, taking Ba off instead of Shola was 100% the correct decision.

i disagree, the entire gameplan was poor from us and changing that would have reaped more dividends than keeping a pathetic system and shit striker (shola) then hoping for the best

nothing, NOTHING, in the first half suggested our style of play would succeed yet you're telling me the best decision was to play to shola's strengths as opposed to the strengths of our new guy (who out scored shola last term...)

i disagree, the entire gameplan was poor from us and changing that would have reaped more dividends than keeping a pathetic system and shit striker (shola) then hoping for the best

nothing, NOTHING, in the first half suggested our style of play would succeed yet you're telling me the best decision was to play to shola's strengths as opposed to the strengths of our new guy (who out scored shola last term...)

It's easier to alter personnel than to throw out the original plan completely at halftime.

It wasn't a particularly attractive way to play but sometimes that's what you need to resort to when you're playing against Arsenal and they're overrunning you in midfield.

It wasn't a particularly attractive way to play but sometimes that's what you need to resort to when you're playing against Arsenal and they're overrunning you in midfield.

but this is my point, we were never overrun - it was a pedestrian game that was a load of shit, they were there for the taking but us playing to sholas "strengths" made it easier for them

anyway fuck it, sure i'm wrong about shola and pardew, but i'll bet anyone now if shola is our gameplan for the season we are down, simple as that

Guest fraser

Shola or Ba didn't really matter. What bothered me was going 4-4-2 against Arsenal then watching them have far more possession and watching two of ours (aforementioned) spectating from the halfway-line. Go 4-3-3 second-half and we're much better. They get someone sent of so we go 4-4-2 and give up our advantage in midfield. Nothing to do with players, all to do with managerial choices.

Well time to turn the screw on all of them if they don't spend some proper dosh before the windows closed.

If they don't

1ST -  Drive out Pardew.

2ND - Mass Protests to try and remove Dezza.

3RD - Run down the clubs revenue until fatty is forced to sell.

Time for Newcastle to have it's own riots.

Well time to turn the screw on all of them if they don't spend some proper dosh before the windows closed.

If they don't

1ST -  Drive out Pardew.

Running down the clubs revenue is possibly the most idiotic thing our fans could do?

If they don't

1ST -  Drive out Pardew.

Running down the clubs revenue is possibly the most idiotic thing our fans could do?

Really?

And how else do you suggest we get rid of Jabba?

If they don't

1ST -  Drive out Pardew.

Really?

Sell Adidas Socks 5p cheaper then sports direct?

If they don't

1ST -  Drive out Pardew.

Really?

I would hope those who are inistant upon removing find ways that don't endanger the club in any way.

Guest Recoba

The only way you are getting rid is stumping up 300 million.

Many are happy just to pay and go to the match. They will buy pies, pints and replica kit.

What u gona do? March? Sing songs? Start an online petition?

Nobody is going to riot, talking nonsense.

Really think Ba and Shola will both start tomorrow with a few of the same subs as last week.  I think Pardew will want to start with Obertan as an impact sub for the first few weeks.  I just hope that Cabaye pushes up further this week and doesn't sit so deep, he needs to let Tiote do the hard work winning the ball and focus more on keeping the match ticking.