Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest WashyGeordie

Can't help but think maybe we're going for a double announcement with Elliot?

Or a triple, with Maiga of course. :pow:

Guest bimpy474

Just a side issue, SSN, Hayley McQueen and her magnificent knockers, what cracking looking girl :D

Thanks for the heads up, gonna google her now  :smitten:

You'll only end up having a happy wank :D

Some of these signings.... I don't get it. How are you getting them so cheap? Ben Arfa £5m? Santon £4-5m? Cabaye £4m?!

Of course, time will tell how these new players do but on the face of it, the actual incoming business you've done has been nothing short of outstanding.

Young players as well.

You make it sound like we know what we are doing

If these deals are anything to go by, you know exactly what you're doing.

You run the risk of upsetting some posters Neil. Ashley and Co are c***s and there's no way past that, all these class signings must be some kind of accident or - ah got it.. they'll sell for more.

I think you'll struggle to find anyone who is unhappy with the signings we've made. It's the gaping holes in the squad and lack of willing to push the club as far as possible that pisses people off.

If we get a striker (and I think we will), not sure where the gaping hole is.

i'll start you off, centre half

Hardly gaping tbf.

You don't think 2 fit CBs is gaping?! :lol:

So we've had a gaping hole for less than a week then, somebody hit the panic button! :lol:

Seriously though how many centre backs do we expect to have in a squad of an acceptable quality that will be happy to be just squad players? We've got Coloccini, Williamson, Taylor and Kadar which I think is enough, if the club don't think Kadar is good enough then get rid and get in a replacement but until then he should be given a chance.

Not much point of having an academy if we're never going to have faith in them.

It'd help if more than two in your list were available like.

And alpal, to me it's a soon-to-be gaping hole. Don't think we can expect Taylor and Colo to play every single game and it sounds like Williamson could be out for a while. Quite a problem to me.

Some of these signings.... I don't get it. How are you getting them so cheap? Ben Arfa £5m? Santon £4-5m? Cabaye £4m?!

Of course, time will tell how these new players do but on the face of it, the actual incoming business you've done has been nothing short of outstanding.

Young players as well.

You run the risk of upsetting some posters Neil. Ashley and Co are c***s and there's no way past that, all these class signings must be some kind of accident or - ah got it.. they'll sell for more.

I think you'll struggle to find anyone who is unhappy with the signings we've made. It's the gaping holes in the squad and lack of willing to push the club as far as possible that pisses people off.

Hardly gaping tbf.

So we've had a gaping hole for less than a week then, somebody hit the panic button! :lol:

Seriously though how many centre backs do we expect to have in a squad of an acceptable quality that will be happy to be just squad players? We've got Coloccini, Williamson, Taylor and Kadar which I think is enough, if the club don't think Kadar is good enough then get rid and get in a replacement but until then he should be given a chance.

And alpal, to me it's a soon-to-be gaping hole. Don't think we can expect Taylor and Colo to play every single game and it sounds like Williamson could be out for a while. Quite a problem to me.

Taylor's injury record isnt great either, i hope it's improved as much as his form.

Young players as well.

Hardly gaping tbf.

So how many centre backs do you think a team should have in their 25 man squad?

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4023/davidesanton2314576.jpg

:dowie:

That's the face I'll make if we add a forward to this team.

Young players as well.

Hardly gaping tbf.

Fair enough Jonny, I have no idea how bad Williamson's injury is. Has there been any confirmation from the club on how bad it is?

Guest CheickMansour

Young players as well.

Hardly gaping tbf.

I'm not sure Kadar is good backup. He seems to be incapable of staying fit for more than three games in a row.

Young players as well.

Hardly gaping tbf.

Fair enough Jonny, I have no idea how bad Williamson's injury is. Has there been any confirmation from the club on how bad it is?

I heard that he was out for 7 weeks.

Coloccini

Saylor

Williamson

Kadar

Probleme?

One's injured and the other got lost in the Bermuda triangle or some s***.

Darnel Situ?

Darnel Situ-Buyente (born 18 March 1992 in Rouen) is a French football player of Congolese descent who currently plays for French club RC Lens in Ligue 1

Been on trial here though and has been expected to sign so what I'm saying is he could be the cover we're trying to bring in.  Young lad, but it really depends how highly we rate him.

Young players as well.

Hardly gaping tbf.

No, but Ryder saw him leaving the stadium on crutches on Thursday night.

Young players as well.

Hardly gaping tbf.

Four. Kadar doesn't count.

Surely Santon himself could fill in at CB if needed?

Ya but then we won't have any natural LB? For me, how long Williamson is out is the key question. If it is 7 weeks, I don't think we need to buy another CB just to cover for the injury, at least it is not a priority area aka 'gaping hole'. But we're talking 3-4 months out, then yes we probably need a 3rd choice CB to cover Colo and Taylor

Young players as well.

Hardly gaping tbf.

I'm not sure Kadar is good backup. He seems to be incapable of staying fit for more than three games in a row.

If Pardew thinks he isn't up to it then get rid of him and replace him, until then if he's here then he has to be given the opportunity to play otherwise it was a complete waste of time signing players like that if we're not going to give them a chance.

I wanted a centre back at the beginning of the summer btw, not because I thought we had a gaping hole there but because I see it as an area I'd like to see us improve on.

Surely Santon himself could fill in at CB if needed?

He really is a fullback only. Despite his size.

He seems reasonably comfortable at right and left midfield from what little I have seen.