Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Some of these signings.... I don't get it. How are you getting them so cheap? Ben Arfa £5m? Santon £4-5m? Cabaye £4m?!

Of course, time will tell how these new players do but on the face of it, the actual incoming business you've done has been nothing short of outstanding.

Young players as well.

It's true, thanks to Charnley and Llambias I guess, we are getting some stonking deals. All credit to them. :thup:

Guest bimpy474

Right whats happening dudes, been to the feckin Zoo with the kids and i'm having withdrawal from this place, damn phone couldn't get a signal.

Some of these signings.... I don't get it. How are you getting them so cheap? Ben Arfa £5m? Santon £4-5m? Cabaye £4m?!

Of course, time will tell how these new players do but on the face of it, the actual incoming business you've done has been nothing short of outstanding.

Young players as well.

You make it sound like we know what we are doing

If these deals are anything to go by, you know exactly what you're doing.

You run the risk of upsetting some posters Neil. Ashley and Co are c***s and there's no way past that, all these class signings must be some kind of accident or - ah got it.. they'll sell for more.

I think you'll struggle to find anyone who is unhappy with the signings we've made. It's the gaping holes in the squad and lack of willing to push the club as far as possible that pisses people off.

If we get a striker (and I think we will), not sure where the gaping hole is.

As for "lack of willing to push the club as far as possible", that's relative isn't it and all fans can claim that. As fans, there's always going to be a player out there who we think can improve the team/squad. If you ask the Man City fans, I bet they'll tell you they want better defenders, Man Utd fans probably want more experience center midfielders to replace Scholes, Arsenal are screaming for defenders, goalkeeper and another striker to support RVP...ditto with other clubs. At some point, the board has to make the call on how much the club can afford and improve within those constraints.

Guest Heneage

Right whats happening dudes, been to the feckin Zoo with the kids and i'm having withdrawal from this place, damn phone couldn't get a signal.

Signed mate 5-year deal. Takes the number 3.

Young players as well.

You run the risk of upsetting some posters Neil. Ashley and Co are cunts and there's no way past that, all these class signings must be some kind of accident or - ah got it.. they'll sell for more.

I think you'll struggle to find anyone who is unhappy with the signings we've made. It's the gaping holes in the squad and lack of willing to push the club as far as possible that pisses people off.

'Gaping' holes? Please clarify. I can understand the latter part of your statement but some people seem unable to communicate clearly if you think it is just that which pisses people off.

Well we've been extremely lucky to get away with playing Ryan Taylor at left back for four games this season. Starting the season without a single left back on the books is/was a bloody joke.

We've had seven months to work out what to do with the Carroll money and bring in strikers that relegate our Championship-esque strikeforce to the bench or out of the squad altogether and aside from Ba (who I firmly believe like Gosling was signed more because he was available on the cheap rather than with a genuine belief he'd fit what we're trying to do) we're still here fucking around with a day to go. We needed a striker adding going into January, and that was before we sold Carroll. We've hardly any right-wing options that aren't square pegs in round holes, and the same goes for centre back cover.

As I said, our signings on their own look great, but there's an almost complete lack of consideration for the overall picture IMO. It's very misleading to suggest that 'the negative people' are unhappy with our signings.

Nah, you're right. Think I was just looking for an argument.  :thup:

They're pulling off some great deals but they don't seem to have their eye on the bigger picture at all. :(

Guest bimpy474

Signed mate 5-year deal. Takes the number 3.

Fantastic, good old Mike and Dekka, i take we have signed 2 strikers, a midfielder, centre half and another left back too :D

Guest bondedcrown

Young players as well.

You run the risk of upsetting some posters Neil. Ashley and Co are c***s and there's no way past that, all these class signings must be some kind of accident or - ah got it.. they'll sell for more.

'Gaping' holes? Please clarify. I can understand the latter part of your statement but some people seem unable to communicate clearly if you think it is just that which pisses people off.

Well we've been extremely lucky to get away with playing Ryan Taylor at left back for four games this season. Starting the season without a single left back on the books is/was a bloody joke.

We've had seven months to work out what to do with the Carroll money and bring in strikers that relegate our Championship-esque strikeforce to the bench or out of the squad altogether and aside from Ba (who I firmly believe like Gosling was signed more because he was available on the cheap rather than with a genuine belief he'd fit what we're trying to do) we're still here f***ing around with a day to go. We needed a striker adding going into January, and that was before we sold Carroll. We've hardly any right-wing options that aren't square pegs in round holes, and the same goes for centre back cover.

As I said, our signings on their own look great, but there's an almost complete lack of consideration for the overall picture IMO. It's very misleading to suggest that 'the negative people' are unhappy with our signings.

You run or managed many football clubs in your time then?

Young players as well.

We've had seven months to work out what to do with the Carroll money and bring in strikers that relegate our Championship-esque strikeforce to the bench or out of the squad altogether and aside from Ba (who I firmly believe like Gosling was signed more because he was available on the cheap rather than with a genuine belief he'd fit what we're trying to do) we're still here f***ing around with a day to go. We needed a striker adding going into January, and that was before we sold Carroll. We've hardly any right-wing options that aren't square pegs in round holes, and the same goes for centre back cover.

You run or managed many football clubs in your time then?

i'm assuming only one less than mike and derek

Young players as well.

You run the risk of upsetting some posters Neil. Ashley and Co are cunts and there's no way past that, all these class signings must be some kind of accident or - ah got it.. they'll sell for more.

We've had seven months to work out what to do with the Carroll money and bring in strikers that relegate our Championship-esque strikeforce to the bench or out of the squad altogether and aside from Ba (who I firmly believe like Gosling was signed more because he was available on the cheap rather than with a genuine belief he'd fit what we're trying to do) we're still here fucking around with a day to go. We needed a striker adding going into January, and that was before we sold Carroll. We've hardly any right-wing options that aren't square pegs in round holes, and the same goes for centre back cover.

They're pulling off some great deals but they don't seem to have their eye on the bigger picture at all. :(

The striker deal is key for me. If we get Maiga in I'll have been very happy with this window's signings. If not then it will be pretty inexcusable tbh.

Young players as well.

Most depressing poster award 2011 is unrivaled

Young players as well.

If we get a striker (and I think we will), not sure where the gaping hole is.

i'll start you off, centre half

Young players as well.

The striker deal is key for me. If we get Maiga in I'll have been very happy with this window's signings. If not then it will be pretty inexcusable tbh.

yep, cant grumble too much if we get someone in up front