Papiss Demba Cisse stays at Freiburg

EthiGeordie

Guest Rainforest

How long is a rope?

Depends I guess, if he banged in 20 odd a season for us Id say yes. With foreigners its always gonna be a gamble isnt it, but I think his record speaks for itself.

Put shortly I think he is the best striker we had a realistic shot at getting, however Quality is never going to be cheap.

I reckon 15 mill is about what he is worth, taking into consideration he is 26 and not 20. Probably has peaked and will continue to do so for at least a few more years.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

How long is a rope?

Depends I guess, if he banged in 20 odd a season for us Id say yes. With foreigners its always gonna be a gamble isnt it, but I think his record speaks for itself.

Put shortly I think he is the best striker we had a realistic shot at getting, however Quality is never going to be cheap.

I reckon 15 mill is about what he is worth, taking into consideration he is 26 and not 20. Probably has peaked and will continue to do so for at least a few more years.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

We didn't want to splash out on a drawing board, it's an etch a sketch now.

January is a no go in my opinion, if a bargain is available for some reason maybe but this board won't pay over the odds and January due to the short window and teams desperate for a final push is a prime market for the selling club.