Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Singed a new contract recently. Looks a very promising player though.

Shame, if the last two-three games that i've seen him is anything to go by he looks like a star in the making. I'd love it if Pardew shelled out some money for him, those skills and only 18 years old..

Anyone fancy Frei from Fulham as a LW? No idea how they price him, but he looks very interesting to me.

Frei is a golden boy!

Would have fitted us perfectly.

I just hope we dont end up with signing 2-3 unknow people that end up beeing a "failure" after beeing linked to so many "golden" names in the last few weeks/months.

I hope we can get some players in early like we did last season, giving them time to gel in pre season. Douglas needs to stay in Holland til the end of August though doesn't he?  :undecided:

Does anyone know anything about Luuk De Jong's brother Seim? supposedly a midfielder and plays for Ajax and one of the players Pardew was scouting when he went to watch in the Twente-Ajax game along with Douglas, Vertonghen and Luuk De Jong.

I hope we can get some players in early like we did last season, giving them time to gel in pre season. Douglas needs to stay in Holland til the end of August though doesn't he?  :undecided:

Douglas is one of the players we could "wait" for imo.

Does anyone know anything about Luuk De Jong's brother Seim? supposedly a midfielder and plays for Ajax and one of the players Pardew was scouting when he went to watch in the Twente-Ajax game along with Douglas, Vertonghen and Luuk De Jong.

It's Siem de Jong, not Seim. He's the older brother of Luuk de Jong and has one cap to his name, which was a post-world cup friendly in which 17 players were given debuts, so not exactly a regular at that level yet. He is however a regular in the Ajax side that will be crowned champions tonight for the second time in a row (barring a miracle). Plays as an attacking midfielder, but has also played as a forward for Ajax sometimes. From what I've seen (and I usually avoid seeing Ajax play such is my dislike for them) he is decent, but not at the level his younger brother is at.

It's Siem de Jong, not Seim.

Sorry  :( and cheers.....

Think we're still lacking options in natural wide players. Obertan and Marveaux may or may not do the business, but Obertan looks limited at best and Marveaux looks like a crock at this stage. Neither are a safe bet and I wouldn't want to rely on them for a whole season. We're just getting both back now after long spells out.

Gutierrez and Ben Arfa offer width but if anything happens to them we're in trouble. Santon playing further forward on the wing looks an option if need be. Everywhere else, assuming we keep what we've got, looks fine. We need cover at centre back, and there is a great debate about the full backs. I think we could do better than Simpson but Pardew seems to rate him.

We sign 2 quality players (centre back and full back) and we are then looking at pushing some quality players to the bench.

We already have a number of quality back up players so we don't really need fillers anymore imo.

Griezmann will almost surely leave Real Sociedad in the summer. He's quick as f***, talented, French and can play on the left and off the striker. Not the biggest workrate, though.

Pards will change his workrate .. would absolutely love him at the toon!

Guest Tyson

Think we're still lacking options in natural wide players. Obertan and Marveaux may or may not do the business, but Obertan looks limited at best and Marveaux looks like a crock at this stage. Neither are a safe bet and I wouldn't want to rely on them for a whole season. We're just getting both back now after long spells out.

Gutierrez and Ben Arfa offer width but if anything happens to them we're in trouble. Santon playing further forward on the wing looks an option if need be. Everywhere else, assuming we keep what we've got, looks fine. We need cover at centre back, and there is a great debate about the full backs. I think we could do better than Simpson but Pardew seems to rate him.

One option who falls into the fallen-talent bracket would be Elia. Stock has fallen sharply over the last couple of seasons, and his sudden switch to Juve was a panic move on his part. Awkward character, like HBA, but a top-tier talent nonetheless - has a touch of genius about him and possesses a powerful shot. As a natural left-sided attacking option (on the left-edge of a front 3, or as winger in tactical switch to 442), who will excel repeatedly against an isolated defender (and pulling the trigger with the cross) i think he'd be a hit here.

Wasted talent down at Juve atm, and opportunities have been limited so far. Too much of a 'pure' ball-carrying winger/wide forward, and the tempo & highly regimented structure of Serie A sides (in attack & defence) would suffocate him down there. As a one-on-one threat there a few better, but at this stage of his career there's a touch of Henry & Ibrahim Ba about him ie. similar type of players that were chewed up & spat out down in Italy.

I think somebody could snare him for 7-8m, this summer. That would be a bargain imho.

Good shout regarding Eljero Elia. Another similarly interesting option for the wings is Ola John at FC Twente. Both are similar talents to Junior Hoillett, who I fear will be in demand by bigger clubs than us.

Apparently Benfica have bid around £9m for Ola John. Bit steep for us like. Especially for a rather unproven player like him.

Elia's been dropped from the Dutch team, hasn't he? Doesn't look like that Juve move did him any good.

To be honest I never thought he was that good... decent player with spurs of brilliance, but always seemed to lack a bit of decisiveness about him to add to galvanize all the fancy work, and consistency.

Elia's been dropped from the Dutch team, hasn't he? Doesn't look like that Juve move did him any good.

To be honest I never thought he was that good... decent player with spurs of brilliance, but always seemed to lack a bit of decisiveness about him to add to galvanize all the fancy work, and consistency.

Get him cheap, and let pardew make him shine again!

Griezmann will almost surely leave Real Sociedad in the summer. He's quick as f***, talented, French and can play on the left and off the striker. Not the biggest workrate, though.

Griezmann is a brilliant raw talent, what he needs is good coaching and a manager with the authority to cut down the most selfish side of his game.

Griezmann is a brilliant raw talent, what he needs is good coaching and a manager with the authority to cut down the most selfish side of his game.

:pards: