Chronicle Questions

mattypnufc

If they are saying the wages have gone up 7% then I'm inclined to believe them tbh. Although we've let some players go, quite a few have come in. Even the likes of Mehdi Abeid are going to need paying. Ba will be on more than Carroll was last season I would imagine. Marveaux and Cabaye won't play for peanuts. It's easy to overlook but we probably have a deeper squad than last season.

This is why they shouldn't do things like this.

Comments like, 'criticism is one thing, abuse another' becomes 'don't boo me please'.

And on the wages, it wouldn't surprise me if they are talking about the wages they will be paying over the length of players contracts and not just year on year.

Whats the difference? Chanting, abuse? Whatever you label it, its pathetic he does not expect a response to his shitty & class-less actions. Thats the mark of the man, or should I say child. The way he has treated Keegan, Shearer, Hughton, the fans and the Sports Direct nonsense on the stadium but its too much for him to be called a fat bastard?

I also like how the basis of pretty much the whole thing is that they're supposedly trying to get to the point at which the club pays its own way, and yet he's also warning that if the nasty songs about 'Mike' continue that he won't spend any more money. :idiot2:

While I've made the same point myself a few times, I think it was a mistake for Llambias to say it publicly. Obviously if an owner thinks he's hated by the fans he's not going to feel like spending his own money on the club. But to say that openly is frankly stupid. It makes you look petty and it's not the image a professional businessman should want to display. It's probably the only answer I think was a bad one, the rest were fairly decent.

Yeah, I'd agree. Generally the answers were a lot more forthright than I was expecting. However, the main hazard of this sort of exercise is you're almost bound to say something true but unwise, that can be turned against you.

They've come out of this without fucking it up and further enraging and alienating the support.  For our board that is a public relations coup.  There weren't many revelations in there and we can read between the lines and pick the points apart, but at least we're not feeling suicidal or murderous like we were after 'fact' and 'no new capital outlay'.

Guest VaVaVoom

If what they say about becoming financially self-sufficient is true then it can only be a good thing, and their right about it being pointless to go down the route of throwing large contracts at aging stars like we did with Owen. A lot of the answers are articulate and hard to argue with.

However it's hard to gauge the sincerity behind them given their history and this will always be their problem. The best they can hope for is a gradual thawing of relations if we continue to improve year upon year, Ashley will never get the unconditional love I think he craves from the fans. At the minute we have a stand off between the two with him saying love me and i'll spend and us saying spend and we'll love you.

Absolutely spot on mate.

Thing is though, there are large sections of the supporters that will always look on anything that comes from the club with a cynical slant. Its understandable really.

But where i come from is....whats done is done, theres no point hangin on to this hysterical negativity at times.

Focus on the positives and what can happen in the future rather than the negatives of the past.

Personally i think the last two seasons alot of what they have done has done us good. I think we are in a pretty good situation on and off the pitch. The latter probably going to show its importance next year when the new financial regulations come in.

We have a Solid 1st team. 8/10....A new striker HAS to be sourced for January. Surely deals can be agreed between windows?

We have a good squad with some good young prospects. 7/10

We have streamlined the clubs finances, cut the wage bill and removed MOST of the big earners. 8/10

I think its time for everyone to just let the shit go and focus on now. We have had a good start. Enjoy supporting our team again!

Guest VaVaVoom

The wage bill just went up 7%.

Aye but in comparison to two seasons ago when we had some undeserving big wages on the books.

Just Smith off the books would be nice.