Chronicle Questions

mattypnufc

Wages turnover ratio is 65% they reckon - so someone with the wherewithall should be able to work the income out from that.

Based on us finishing 10th, they say.

Oh aye.  Someone should still be able to sus it from that.  like a GCSE Maths question....

This whole 7% caper has me scratching my head - and I guess the problem is that Derek can (and probably has) chosen any two dates for his comparison.

If he is comparing the wage bill of 31 January (when Carroll was sold but before Kuqi signed and Tiote got his new contract) to the wage bill of 12 August (after making most of our "big" summer signings but before Jose Enrique and Barton jogged on) then a 7% increase of our wage bill is credible, I guess.

Our wage bill is so fluid - players coming and going all summer, new contracts here and there. I bet there was a 7% increase at some point, but I'll put a large sum that if Llambias said "There has been a 7% increase in our wage bill from the end of last season to the transfer deadline" then that would be a lie

Surprisingly well-written compared to the steaming pile of crap they usually come out with. Decent PR exercise.

True. Looking at some of the posts that guessed the answers (with some accuracy), it does show that despite the crap communication, most fans actually know what the state of the club is, how we're likely to do going forward, financial position etc.

Despite Ashley/Lambias being hated figures, there are a lot of clubs out there in a worse position than us this year, and now the anger of not getting a decent striker in has subsided a little, I'm reasonably positive about achieving our aims this year i.e. top half finish

Surprisingly well-written compared to the steaming pile of crap they usually come out with. Decent PR exercise.

True. Looking at some of the posts that guessed the answers (with some accuracy), it does show that despite the crap communication, most fans actually know what the state of the club is, how we're likely to do going forward, financial position etc.

Despite Ashley/Lambias being hated figures, there are a lot of clubs out there in a worse position than us this year, and now the anger of not getting a decent striker in has subsided a little, I'm reasonably positive about achieving our aims this year i.e. top half finish

:thup: hadn't seen the answers up until now, they're clearly aware of what the likes of Dave, Wullie, etc., think of them and know that it's a pointless exercise trying to do more/less to communicate.

As a result of some of the things we’ve done in the past there will always be fans who will not like nor believe what we have to say. The upshot is that when we speak publicly more often than not we are criticised.

The only tangible thing they can do is let the performances on the pitch speak for the success of their off-field decision-making. From the debacle of 2009, when they've previous admitted mistakes were made and we were relegated:

2009/10 - 1st Championship (against a backdrop of uncertainty at the start of the season, the club strengthened during the Jan transfer window)

2010/11 - 12th Premiership (widely expected to be involved in a relegation battle)

2011/12 - decent start to the season.

A lot of people want instant progress and results, as if this is some sort of FM-world where a season of improvement can be seen in a couple of weeks. Given the 2008/2009 shambles and the anger which rose out of that, it's been difficult to justify letting them get on with it.

If some fans feel the can no longer trust what we say, that’s a shame, but all we can do is continue to tell it as we see it and hope that people will take us at our word.

Pretty much sums it all up.

Oh and:

For him to continue to support the club, he has to be interested and enthused to do so. He deserves credit for his financial support but a section of supporters don’t make him feel welcome at St James’ Park, or when he attends away games. Criticism is part and parcel of the job, abuse is not. This makes life uncomfortable and certainly doesn’t make Mike feel more inclined to put his hand once again in his pocket. That’s not stubbornness, it’s human nature. I think most of us would feel exactly the same.

...is pretty much spot on, regardless of your opinion of the guy. Still amazed how this is missed by the mongs who chant "get out of our club" at every possible opportunity.

Oh and:

For him to continue to support the club, he has to be interested and enthused to do so. He deserves credit for his financial support but a section of supporters don’t make him feel welcome at St James’ Park, or when he attends away games. Criticism is part and parcel of the job, abuse is not. This makes life uncomfortable and certainly doesn’t make Mike feel more inclined to put his hand once again in his pocket. That’s not stubbornness, it’s human nature. I think most of us would feel exactly the same.

...is pretty much spot on, regardless of your opinion of the guy. Still amazed how this is missed by the mongs who chant "get out of our club" at every possible opportunity.

Give over.

He's alienated almost the entire fanbase since he's been here and yet we're not supposed to voice negative opinions about him and sing nasty songs because it makes him feel sad and not want to spend any money.

Oh and:

Give over.

He's alienated almost the entire fanbase since he's been here and yet we're not supposed to voice negative opinions about him and sing nasty songs because it makes him feel sad and not want to spend any money.

I don't see what you expect to achieve by singing "get out of our club" - in the early post-Keegan atmopshere, it may have been able to help drive him out. By this point, it's just pointless. EDIT: and allows DL to come out with that kind of answer to justify why MA isn't putting anymore £££ into the club.

Oh and:

Give over.

I don't see what you expect to achieve by singing "get out of our club" - in the early post-Keegan atmopshere, it may have been able to help drive him out. By this point, it's just pointless. EDIT: and allows DL to come out with that kind of answer to justify why MA isn't putting anymore £££ into the club.

It reminds him that he's not wanted here. It hurts his monumental ego. It's allowing people to express their anger about what he's doing to our club and stadium.

He wouldn't put more £'s into the club if he was loved or hated. He has a cost cutting business strategy and he's sticking to it.

If someone has you pinned down and is repeatedly f***ing you up the arse do you just lie there and accept your fate, or do you give them abuse, calling them a perverted arse bandit and hating them for smashing your back door in. Either way, you're going to get a very sore ringpiece so you might as well make life difficult for them whilst they do it.

Oh and:

Human nature it works both ways tbh ,if you see your best players being sold and a chance of progression with them removed (time will tell ) ,your singing section removed and told sing all over the ground and get behind them when historically using us as an an example we had the Leazes and Gallowgate trying to out do one another and now these fans are being scattered elsewhere they have a right to show how they feel and to call them mongs is a bit over the top . Mikey will stop giving you pocket money and nice presents if you call him names is a bit childish considering he will damage his own income .

If someone has you pinned down and is repeatedly f***ing you up the arse do you just lie there and accept your fate, or do you give them abuse, calling them a perverted arse bandit and hating them for smashing your back door in. Either way, you're going to get a very sore ringpiece so you might as well make life difficult for them whilst they do it.

:o

:o

:lol: or you could find a way to get some sort of pleasure out of it, shift the angle so he's pressing against your prostate, eh? ;)

Oh and:

Give over.

When was the last time any nasty songs were sung about him? Don't think there have been any this season

Guest bimpy474

I dont think its the singing about him that has upset him so much, reading between the lines, its the comments shouted at him at close quarters, there more personal and i guess scary as it comes with a level of aggression you can sense and feel, and if your with your wife, family members or whoever it can't be nice.

Not defending him like, its has brought it all on himself, he's got no one else to blame than the berk he sees in the mirror.

Guest bimpy474

I don't think he has ever gotten any abuse at close quarters, it has only been the chants around the ground

I think the fans are over the singing nasty stuff about him (well until his next big cock up that is)

Not saying its true, like i said i'm just trying to read between the lines of the answers, just how i saw those comments, "not above criticism as its part and parcel of the job" "abuse is not"

Probably me reading too much into them.

Oh and:

Give over.

It reminds him that he's not wanted here. It hurts his monumental ego. It's allowing people to express their anger about what he's doing to our club and stadium.

He wouldn't put more £'s into the club if he was loved or hated. He has a cost cutting business strategy and he's sticking to it.

Exactly! I cant believe some people accept the cheek of that comment from Llambias. Ashley is ok to treat so many people (managers & fans) with such little respect in his time here, but cant take being call a fat bastard? If hes not putting money in because of that reaction from the people he has, and continue's to shaft, then thats what you call a very irresposible owner! If he's putting more advertisement on the east stand then he deserves "abuse" chanting whatever you wanna call it, because thats as blatent two finger's from him as you can get. Like has been said, he obviously has a huge ego people should not shrug their shoulders and bow down to it, he must love thinking hes some dictator, the sad bastard.

I don't think he has ever gotten any abuse at close quarters, it has only been the chants around the ground

I think the fans are over the singing nasty stuff about him (well until his next big cock up that is)

Not saying its true, like i said i'm just trying to read between the lines of the answers, just how i saw those comments, "not above criticism as its part and parcel of the job" "abuse is not"

"abuse is not" is simply a line from Llambias who's trying to be clever and put people in a bad light, and trying to supress natural anger & disgust. What on earth are people supposed to chant? "We dont like you, get out of our club!"... calling him whatever is part of the game if he's took the piss out of people, everyone knows that and he knew that when he bought a football club. Its our critisism of him Derek, as we obviously dont see him any other time.

Guest bimpy474

"abuse is not" is simply a line from Llambias who's trying to be clever and put people in a bad light, and trying to supress natural anger & disgust. What on earth are people supposed to chant? "We dont like you, get out of our club!"... calling him whatever is part of the game if he's took the p*ss out of people, everyone knows that and he knew that when he bought a football club. Its our critisism of him Derek, as we obviously dont see him any other time.

I think they get all they deserve, i'm not saying anything about that, i was just trying to makes sense of what they meant in the answers, not interested in whether it matters either as i have zero sympathy, people wanted to know why the Nazi's did what they did, whatever the reasons they didn't excuse the actions, but people wanted to know all the same.

Is all i was doing like.

Oh and:

Give over.

Exactly! I cant believe some people accept the cheek of that comment from Llambias. Ashley is ok to treat so many people (managers & fans) with such little respect in his time here, but cant take being call a fat b******? If hes not putting money in because of that reaction from the people he has, and continue's to shaft, then thats what you call a very irresposible owner! If he's putting more advertisement on the east stand then he deserves "abuse" chanting whatever you wanna call it, because thats as blatent two finger's from him as you can get. Like has been said, he obviously has a huge ego people should not shrug their shoulders and bow down to it, he must love thinking hes some dictator, the sad b******.

Yes indeed.

If you want to f*** someone up the arse you should buy them some nice presents, whisper some sweet nothings in their ear and then apply some lube before sliding yourself gently in there and pumping away.

What will make an arse f***ing much more difficult is if you cover your partner in Sports Direct logo's, sell all their decent belongings, refuse to spend any money on presents, treat them like idiots and then try and slam one into their ringpiece bareback.