QPR 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/09/11 - Post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Conversely, QPR should be a bit worried really. Yes they played well but you lot were there for the taking a million times over, yet they couldn't score.

Total lack of goals from the newly promoted teams, especially QPR and Swansea.

Conversely, QPR should be a bit worried really. Yes they played well but you lot were there for the taking a million times over, yet they couldn't score.

This was one point I've taken from the game also, QPR need to find a striker otherwise they are going to struggle, just like Norwich and Swansea appear to be. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the 3 promoted teams end up going back down this season, I think QPR have the best chance of the three, but you just wonder where the goals are coming from, for all of them.

:thup: QPR have the best chance, but purely from the point of view that if they can hold out and claw some points here and there, until January when they can splash out on a good, proven goalscorer. Can't see Swansea or Norwich surviving at all.

surprised they didn't start with Campbell he did well for Blackpool last season and would have fit in with their movement up front last night plus Bothroyd is shite for all their chances they made some howlers of misses and didn't test krul

This was one point I've taken from the game also, QPR need to find a striker otherwise they are going to struggle, just like Norwich and Swansea appear to be. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the 3 promoted teams end up going back down this season, I think QPR have the best chance of the three, but you just wonder where the goals are coming from, for all of them.

That could just as easy read

'Newcastle need to find a striker otherwise they are going to struggle'

Poor performance but a point gained. Pardew needs to freshen things up in the shape of Santon, Ba, Marveaux etc and be prepared to give Sammy a proper run out. Why Shola started straight after an injury is beyond me? Game over, move on.

Atleast we can finally move on from the whole Barton affair at last................thank christ.

That could just as easy read

'Newcastle need to find a striker otherwise they are going to struggle'

Thank God we've got £35m to spend on one. Easy.

I can think of at least 2-3 chances that you'd expect even a top Championship side to convert.

think if you play two central midfielders who like to sit deep you have to link with the attack and offer support in other ways - get the wingers to move inside, push up, make that final pass and get on the end of hold-up play - something neither Jonas or Obertan seemed inclined to do. Course if they're busy doing that then you need the full-backs to provide natural width in attack (the two CMs can then cover for them) - not going to happen with Raylor and Simpson.

Also ideally need one of the strikers to be able to drop back, control the ball and act as something of a creative fulcrum - well that's the last thing you'll get from Best and especially Ameobi. Need Ben Arfa for that.

seemed like we were asking tiote and cabaye to do a massive job, and one they were unused to, in terms of advancing with the ball and trying to make runs upfield. in the end they both looked lost and dominated by inferior players.

Would line up like this ideally

--------------Best----------

Jonas--------HBA-----Marveaux

---------Cabaye---Tiote

Although i like that i'm not sure about having 2 right footed players on the left side, both cutting in to play a ball.

was going to say that in my post actually but i didnt want to judge santon's ability to give us width down the left just yet. from an attacking perspective you'd ideally want santon on the right and i guess ferguson on the left.