Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Listening to Tollemache reminds me of Neville Chamberlain reasoning with Adolf Hitler.

Our owner is just about to Invade his Poland but Tollemache is waving his little piece of paper so all is well.

Who will  be our Winston to stop this appeaser?

Guest tollemache

Maybe I am in the inner circle.... Maybe I am

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/creepy%20smile/grand/dwight-the-office-creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-332.gif

We are only going to spend what we bring in unless there is a massive change of heart (something Pardew has clearly been pressing for). Still p*ssed off that the fallout from the Keegan debarcle saw Ashley saying f*** it, the plan was to throw an extra £20 million of my own money a year but I'm bollocked if I'm going to do it now.

I'm fairly sympathetic to the reasons for him falling out of love for the project, but christ, think of the difference it would have made to us.

You're sympathetic towards Ashley.  :lol:

Now that's not quite what I said is it.

That article is a puff piece.

Same old 'mystery' talk about Remy and saying we're aggressive and so on..Think it's pretty clear (to me anyway) that the club have been ill prepeared for the Jan window. The truth about the Jan window is that it really is conducted in Nov and Dec...The fact that it seems we're flailing around with offers here and there shows that nothing was set in stone as it should have been reg primary targets and concluding deals as quickly as possible.

Don't understand the Tollemache hating here, there's some reasonable points laid out

don't hate him at all, far from it. makes a lot of good points, but he is almost unbelieveably positive though.

i took it more negatively than that, "aggressive" in terms of haggling over price asking what they wanted and offering the lowest price that is possible to get away with. Paying for things in full and in one go will only get you so much off but we feel that this approach will get millions and millions off the asking price. All in the pursuit of value which really is a subjective thing anyway as one player to some club could be deemed a luxury while others it is essential as to how they are going to play and take the side forward. We don't seem to recongnise that at all.

Guest tollemache

With the flurry of targets in the last couple of days, are people starting to feel we might actually have been reasonably well prepared for this window? Still a while to go obviously

Guest tollemache

See there I go again. Can't help it. I did tonnes of MDMA when I was younger too so if anything I should be predisposed to pessimism

And as for the idea that he'd happily gamble on relegation and re-promotion, on the eve of an enormous TV payout... it hardly warrants discussion. What an insane gamble that'd be

You obviously didn't read my post completely. I said the sale of our high profile players, Krul, Santon, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse and probably Anita would virtually cover the TV money. I also said the ease of our last promotion might coerce his thinking.

And as for the idea that he'd happily gamble on relegation and re-promotion, on the eve of an enormous TV payout... it hardly warrants discussion. What an insane gamble that'd be

You obviously didn't read my post completely. I said the sale of our high profile players, Krul, Santon, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse and probably Anita would virtually cover the TV money. I also said the ease of our last promotion might coerce his thinking.

Im convinced now that this is his strategy

Guest tollemache

But then the club would be far shitter and less valuable... I just can't see relegation under any circumstances being something that might seem worth the risk, even if he did think we'd come straight back up. Which we wouldn't if we sold everyone

I can see what you're getting at, I just don't think it's very realistic

Guest bimpy474

With the flurry of targets in the last couple of days, are people starting to feel we might actually have been reasonably well prepared for this window? Still a while to go obviously

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/at%20first%20I%20was%20like%20but%20then/grand/al-bundy-at-first-I-was-like-but-then-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-158.gif

Guest tollemache

What do you reckon is the minimum number for it to be called a flurry then? Remy til now, I think that's a flurry isn't it? I think 3 or more in a short time counts as flurry. There

Guest bimpy474

What do you reckon is the minimum number for it to be called a flurry then? Remy til now, I think that's a flurry isn't it? I think 3 or more in a short time counts as flurry. There

Only the LB is a new target tbh, the other two have been talked about for a while. So they're not really a flurry.

Besides i just really like that gif. It's the last bit :lol: