Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

When was the last time our training ground was updated, like? I'm thinking under Bobby, for some reason.

We spend about £2.5m on the place about 4 years ago i think

I honestly though our training facilities were top notch. I seem to remember a massive update not long ago, and when you hear people speak they always talk highly of the facilities. Not sure this should be a priority - day by day it sounds more likely that Ian W works for the club!

It failed to meet the Cat A grade for top clubs so we are chucking more money at it. Like you say its all been updated and was supposed to be top notch, wasting money because its badly thought out. But hey its better than signing anyone obviously :lol:

Ah well, least they'll have nice grass to play on and some nice gym equipment.

it's quite unusual for a club to explain the detailed workings of its retail/merchandising operations mind you.

Because they don't fucking have to. :lol:

Other clubs generally aren't owned as a means to support other business interests.

Guest Roger Kint

The facilities are well behind the top 7 or 8 clubs in the league.

I would say you are being too kind really. Boro has better never mind just those. iirc we werent in the top 20

Who has said they are top notch?

I thought they were top notch for some reason, and the normal press stuff seems to reflect positively on our facilities at the training ground.

:lol:

I'm not sure why I thought it like. Enlighten me - what improvements need made? You do know everything, dont you?

I thought they were top notch for some reason, and the normal press stuff seems to reflect positively on our facilities at the training ground.

I'm not sure why I thought it like. Enlighten me - what improvements need made? You do know everything, dont you?

It's the fact you're actually citing the press' opinion as if it were credible. The same press attempted to put a positive spin on getting dicked 6-0 by Liverpool at home.

It's the fact you're actually citing the press' opinion as if it were credible. The same press attempted to put a positive spin on getting dicked 6-0 by Liverpool at home.

:lol: It was just in my head that they were decent, no idea why. I'm sure a lot of players have said it in the past but I cant really remember.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: We paid something daft for him as well didnt we?

Wasn't it a Dennis Wise signing?

Think so aye, seem to remember we paid over £500k for him although could have been paper talk rather than an actual figure

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: We paid something daft for him as well didnt we?

Wasn't it a Dennis Wise signing?

Think so aye, seem to remember we paid over £500k for him although could have been paper talk rather than an actual figure

Was that at the same time as Ben Tozer?

Tozer was 6 months earlier