Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

That Hull anti-Pardew protest was one of the worst moments in our clubs history. The apathy in the crowd was just such a depressing sight.

Thats the moment when I realised this clubs fans are as big of a problem as Ashley is.

95% of the NUFC fans that day just let Pardew get on with it and even booed the ones protesting. Pathetic.

Sissoko out and Carver made permanent would get the same "riot" results.

Who would then buy the club given they can't do anything with sponsorship ect?

Guess that might be one sticking point, but although it may stop someone coming in to take over with a huge amount of shares, the profit the club makes would bring in buyers surely ?

Maybe, but at a far lower buying price than you would get with possible lucrative sponsorship open to negotiate from new buyers.  Any owner with would look at the kind of sponsorship money going around the Premier League and how its growing and drastically downgrade what they're willing to pay.  Unless we're talking purely about the stadium adds and not shirts as well?  In which case it wouldn't be quite as extreme a sticking point, but still would have a reasonably significant effect on what people are willing to pay.

I mean looking at a strictly business stand point, I don't see how he couldn't just sign up long term management (of Retail through SD) and sponsorship or naming (with SD) on long term contracts, with high liquidated damages / termination costs and make them assumable contracts per float/sale of the club. I've seen similar done in different circumstances in the hotel industry - however buyers discount those long term contracts and your "buyer" pool diminishes drastically -- no upside or flexibility there.

:lol: what I was saying above. Buyers will discount the value of the club if they don't see any bit of upside or ability to grow revenues through sponsorship and such.

can't find the joey barton thread so don't know if this is a huge giggs as it seems pretty old the way he's talking but just been tweeted this video of joey barton talking about llambias, wise and ashley

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=762448253835629

hmm, "they tried to fuck me when i was having a low time"

You were in prison, Joey, how many people in normal walks of life do you think would still be employed whilst in prison?

I take the point about the likes of Wise, Ashley and Lambias being cunts, but fuck me, Barton is exactly the sort of "me, me me" footballer that makes me want to start watching rugby instead.

What a massive arsehole.

he's a pain in the arse like, there's always an agenda with him

Everbody has a agenda, that's just part of the human condition.

Barton for his many faults, has tried to change himself and to a certain point has.  Although he is still a knob.

People need to hear the message and forget who's telling it. All the points he makes are valid.

True but it still seems a bit like Shipman telling the world that Hitler & Mussolini were bellends.

Know what your saying, and it is difficult to see past the man.

Mike Ashley is a grade a c*** and the only thing that affects him is power and money. Nothing else, the Barton interview highlights this with facts.

Just wish people would wake up and realise they can change things, but only as a collective .

That Hull anti-Pardew protest was one of the worst moments in our clubs history. The apathy in the crowd was just such a depressing sight.

Thats the moment when I realised this clubs fans are as big of a problem as Ashley is.

95% of the NUFC fans that day just let Pardew get on with it and even booed the ones protesting. Pathetic.

Sissoko out and Carver made permanent would get the same "riot" results.

That is the absolute worst bit for me. Not only did they finance and support the clubs lack of ambition but actively abused anyone who tried to voice discontent or instigate any sort of change.

Some aspects of NUFC are almost cult like. How dare you disrespect the great leader or institution etc.

Guest antz1uk

i know a few local lads that were never interested in going to the match, they were the ones that were tight as ducks arses, preferred to just have a glancing interest without much knowledge about the club/team/sport however as more and more people have packed in i know of at least 2 individuals that now go to the match quite regular with their kids and they are just glad to be able to 'make a day of it' with it being affordable and watch premier league football, they really have no clue about it any further than that, these are the type of people ashley has wanted and is now attending matches, no discontenting voices and have no real affection/feeling for the club as it used to be. I can have a rant at them about the state of things and they are that disinterested they don't even come back with their own point of view, just shrug their shoulders n take another drink of their pint as if it's nothing.

i know a few local lads that were never interested in going to the match, they were the ones that were tight as ducks arses, preferred to just have a glancing interest without much knowledge about the club/team/sport however as more and more people have packed in i know of at least 2 individuals that now go to the match quite regular with their kids and they are just glad to be able to 'make a day of it' with it being affordable and watch premier league football, they really have no clue about it any further than that, these are the type of people ashley has wanted and is now attending matches, no discontenting voices and have no real affection/feeling for the club as it used to be. I can have a rant at them about the state of things and they are that disinterested they don't even come back with their own point of view, just shrug their shoulders n take another drink of their pint as if it's nothing.

This is the consequence of "affordable football". It's consuming an experience, not supporting a football club anymore. The club's communication is only regarding deals and discounts, we communicate in the exact same manner as any retailer.

Guest antz1uk

I'd quite happily pay more for a season ticket if it meant we had more ambition, i'm sure 7-10yrs ago my season ticket was over £510/£520 then. it's become far too much of a day out and much less about the whole feeling of a club

This is the consequence of "affordable football". It's consuming an experience, not supporting a football club anymore. The club's communication is only regarding deals and discounts, we communicate in the exact same manner as any retailer.

I thought we were complaining it's too expensive?  Hard to keep track of which pitchfork I should be raising.

Guest antz1uk

i'd rather it was less affordable for the less vocal fan and would quite happily pay more for someone that showed ambition. i'm a firm believer in you pay for what you get

If Ashley hadn't disillusioned the older, hardcore support who know what the club is about and driven them out but had made prices affordable then we wouldn't have a problem. If the club was run with ambition and was where it should be, challenging for trophies and high up the league, then we wouldn't have the issue of passive 'fans'.

It's fantastic that future generations are able to go to SJP and watch NUFC- and I will never knock anyone for making football affordable, such is the disgrace of modern football in this country, but it is almost cancelled out when you take into account what they will take away from it- an outlook totally wrong to what the club actually stands for.

I thought we were complaining it's too expensive?  Hard to keep track of which pitchfork I should be raising.

Nevermind what's going on in reality. The club has been championing that line for a few years, "we remain committed to offer affordable football" still serves an impression of the club doing good in a time where other clubs are charging premium. It's another way of swaying opinion, getting people onside.

Currently I cannot bare to read about anything other than this cunt and opinions on him. Simply to help fuel an anger within myself rather than apathy. It needs to stop though because I need to find a job...  :lol:

God I hate myself. :jesuswept:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11330409/Alan-Pardew-left-Newcastle-as-Mike-Ashley-is-about-to-sell-club-suggests-Alan-Shearer.html

Alan Shearer has hinted that Alan Pardew might have left Newcastle United because he was told by the club’s owner Mike Ashley that he is going to sell the club.

Ashley is encountering intense opposition in Scotland to his bid to control Rangers, not least from the Scottish Football Association who have blocked an attempt to increase his shareholding at Ibrox because of their rules on dual ownership.

There are rumours on Tyneside that prospective buyers have approached Ashley to discuss a potential takeover at St James’ Park in recent weeks and Shearer has added fuel to those fires.

Telegraph Sport has even been told by one well-placed source that negotiations are underway and that the asking price is around £250m, but this cannot be independently verified and Newcastle’s media department have denied it.

The talk is also been fuelled by a growing sense on Tyneside that Newcastle will not appoint a permanent head coach until the end of the season, which would also suit potential new owners, as they would want to make that decision in the summer if a takeover was successful.

Telegraph Sport revealed in September that Ashley planned to seize control of Rangers, but our claim Ashley was also keen to sell Newcastle was denied. It was the first time since 2009 that the owner has said he was not willing to listen to offers for the club.

The club banned the Telegraph and released a statement on its official website claiming Ashley would not sell “at any price” until 2016. The club’s media department insist this stance has not changed.

But Shearer, club’s record goalscorer and former captain, has become the most high profile person to suggest things may have shifted.

Asked whether Ashley’s move for Rangers was a potential way out for him at Newcastle, Shearer said: “I don’t know [what his intentions are) because he never tells us anything.

“He doesn’t speak to anyone, but there’s a small part of me that thinks he might have given Alan Pardew a nod [that he’s going to sell].

“It did make me laugh when I heard people saying that Alan wouldn’t leave Newcastle to go to Crystal Palace.

“There’s a million reasons why Alan would leave Newcastle to go to Crystal Palace – he’d be on a better salary at a football club where the fans would want him, he would buy and sell the players he wanted.

“There’s three or four very, very good reasons to start with. That’s where Newcastle are as a football club I’m afraid. Not good news but we’re used to that.”