Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Clearly it's more than just the coaching, we look a very different side at home and you get the feeling we could give anyone a game, away from home we look like a beleaguered and discombobulated squad of misfits blindly fondling around towards relegation. Psychologically we look f***ed!

Still only won 4 out of 13 games though.

Sorry, to be clear, I meant recently as opposed to the season as a whole, obviously we've gotten much better at home in the past 6 weeks or so.

I guess we don't really know how much influence the other coaches have - does McClaren listen to them.  I have read on a couple of occasions that Cathro is disillusioned with his role.

Also, Black and Schoenmaker don't see eye to eye apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3346547/Under-fire-Newcastle-boss-Steve-McClaren-facing-new-battle-backroom-staff-clash.html

Ashley is now getting his come-uppance ; he has appointed useless and unqualified people in top positions, scraped around the bargain-basement of managers after firing one who got us promoted and had just had the biggest win over our Derby rivals in years, penny-pinched on players until he is desperate, used the club purely as an ad board for SD and insulted the fans time after time....he was happy as a pig in s---e thinking he was going to wallow in all that lovely TV cash next season but now that dream is slipping slowly and inexorably away and he DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT...that as much as anything, will be tormenting his smug self-confidence for the first time in his life and he is in a huge cleft stick.

We may be suffering as fans but the one consolation is knowing that he is cra--ing himself over what to do...or not..

Enjoy !

Clearly it's more than just the coaching, we look a very different side at home and you get the feeling we could give anyone a game, away from home we look like a beleaguered and discombobulated squad of misfits blindly fondling around towards relegation. Psychologically we look f***ed!

:tobey:

This summer was the ideal opportunity for Ashley to step in and change the full structure of the job. After the mess of last season, Ashley should simply of removed Charnley from his role and brought in somebody who actually knows football and would appoint a manager who would allow us to progress and be able to keep us away from another relegation battle, rather then a mate who Charnley shares a bottle of wine with.

Its not unrealistic to say that even now, with our resources and financial power, Ashley could step in and wipe out this policy of appointing yes men who are nowhere near good enough to do a job and instead put together a package that could entice someone like Benitez. Its all well and good spending 60m+ on players but it defeats the purpose when the man managing them has no clue as to how to get the best out of them.

All the potential is there for this club but it'll never happen until Ashley forces it. I just cant see that happening though.

He has a business meeting model that has made him successful in every facet of his business bar owning this club/ to which he's had obvious benefits from anyway. That won't change because everything has to follow the blue print - fuck professionalism - what's the bottom line.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/newcastle-can-never-succeed-mike-ashleys-identity-draining-ownership?#:IH1NTbMkJAu0hA

"Unless things change drastically, Newcastle’s indifferent drift into obscurity will simply thrum along, an ocean liner plummeting towards the sea bed as its captain forensically eyes the bank balance."

Great piece and have shared around on FB. :thup:

We all know it I suppose hence the brutal apathy. Just a joyless husk. Without trying to be condescending you'd have to be deluded or thick to not see otherwise. The spending seems to have placated or impassioned a lot of fans but to me it's the equivalent of Terry Waite being given a birthday cake after spending the rest of the year chained to the radiator.

We all know it I suppose hence the brutal apathy. Just a joyless husk. Without trying to be condescending you'd have to be deluded or thick to not see otherwise. The spending seems to have placated or impassioned a lot of fans but to me it's the equivalent of Terry Waite being given a birthday cake after spending the rest of the year chained to the radiator.

Sending an Ethiopian to an all-you-can-eat and expecting to get your money's worth.

He should..............

Sack McClaren

Hire Moyes or someone else competent

Get rid of Charnley, appoint someone who knows what they're doing

........none of that will happen because this is Ashley who is clueless and stubborn and he's failed year on year with the same bullshit

Sports Direct in the BBC headlines for negative reasons again today. They're being blamed for overcrowded slum housing and people shitting on footpaths in Shirebrook.

Constant negative press and a tumbling share price is likely to be giving investors the hump.

Sports Direct in the BBC headlines for negative reasons again today. They're being blamed for overcrowded slum housing and people shitting on footpaths in Shirebrook.

Constant negative press and a tumbling share price is likely to be giving investors the hump.

Our impending relegation will round off a pretty miserable year for our owner.