Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Remember this statement (taken off a comment in True Faith)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7615655.stm

I wonder how differently things may have turned out if Ashley had come out more often with statements like this explaining his actions and decisions during the last 6 years.  Now I don't like the man but I do find myself agreeing with some of the things he has done. 

It should actually be a profit of nearer 60 million if you add the extra 50 to the 10 million profit we made the year before, assuming all else being equal.

All in that f***ing fat slug's bank account, along with the wonga and merchandising money. Never to be see again. Net profit on transfers in the summer, also, despite this 'Newcastle spend big on nine new players bollocks'; if you seriously think the amounts paid for Riviere and Cabella were £6.5m and £12m then you need your head looked at.

None of that has anything to do with our next accounts though. As for the rest if he has took that money out then it will be shown against his loan, not that i think it will be.

You think he can't hide that money? Any of our money he steals from the club in exchange for dud performances?

I have no idea why anyone goes anymore. Hurt to give up my ST of 20 years but, my God, it has been liberating.

It should actually be a profit of nearer 60 million if you add the extra 50 to the 10 million profit we made the year before, assuming all else being equal.

All in that f***ing fat slug's bank account, along with the wonga and merchandising money. Never to be see again. Net profit on transfers in the summer, also, despite this 'Newcastle spend big on nine new players bollocks'; if you seriously think the amounts paid for Riviere and Cabella were £6.5m and £12m then you need your head looked at.

None of that has anything to do with our next accounts though. As for the rest if he has took that money out then it will be shown against his loan, not that i think it will be.

You think he can't hide that money? Any of our money he steals from the club in exchange for dud performances?

I have no idea why anyone goes anymore. Hurt to give up my ST of 20 years but, my God, it has been liberating.

I don't think he can. That's kind of the point of accounts.

[/quote)

Tesco managed it, cooking the books until they got found out

Guest Roger Kint

[/quote)

:lol: Tesco overstated profits by pulling in rebates from suppliers too early didnt they? The opposite of Ashley hiding money ffs

Guest Roger Kint

Takeover rejected for the non Ashley gadgie.

I think Ashley will get his way somehow, certainly not daft when it comes to getting what he wants in the business world

Not sure he will want to when hes making moeny out of them simply owning 9% or whatever. If he dumped us for Rangers surely thats the definition of daft in business terms?

I think Ashley will get his way somehow, certainly not daft when it comes to getting what he wants in the business world

Not sure he will want to when hes making moeny out of them simply owning 9% or whatever. If he dumped us for Rangers surely thats the definition of daft in business terms?

Well you would think so given the money we make in premier league compared to lack of TV money etc up there unless he is banking on Champions League but not sure they would make anywhere near us even then (Would they make 60 mill in CL). But he must have reasons for trying to up his stake, he's not really in the business of losing money and while I hate him at our club he is pretty good at what he does from the looks of it (Wish I was worth 3 billion)

Guest Roger Kint

Well you would think so given the money we make in premier league compared to lack of TV money etc up there unless he is banking on Champions League but not sure they would make anywhere near us even then (Would they make 60 mill in CL). But he must have reasons for trying to up his stake, he's not really in the business of losing money and while I hate him at our club he is pretty good at what he does from the looks of it (Wish I was worth 3 billion)

Can only assume he thinks he can turn them profitable and consistent CL Group qulaifiers then sell them for a profit(after he gets what he wants out of us that is)

They would have to win the thing to match us financially. With theiir debts, poor earning power and massive investment needed just to get there it will be a long time for him to waste money imo

I wonder if all this is a stalling game until Ashley has got his money back from us and can then flog us, move on to Rangers and repeat.  In the meantime Rangers will remain in Limbo.

I wonder if all this is a stalling game until Ashley has got his money back from us and can then flog us, move on to Rangers and repeat.  In the meantime Rangers will remain in Limbo.

If the club generates sufficient money to pay off Ashley why on Earth will he get rid of it. He seems to quite enjoy owning us, still attends games and smiles.

Am I the only one who holds out some vain hope that recent developments at Rangers (notably the rejection of a takeover bid) and Pardew leaving us might point to the fact Ashley is about to sell us and buy Rangers?

The fact he's managed to get Lambias and the new finance director in place suggests he up to something at Rangers and the SFA seem unwilling to further bend the rules on dual ownership

Guest Roger Kint

Am I the only one who holds out some vain hope that recent developments at Rangers (notably the rejection of a takeover bid) and Pardew leaving us might point to the fact Ashley is about to sell us and buy Rangers?

The fact he's managed to get Lambias and the new finance director in place suggests he up to something at Rangers and the SFA seem unwilling to further bend the rules on dual ownership

Unless someone is going to pay miles over the odds for us then you would need to be clinically insane to sell us now and buy them while haemorraging money and far from guaranteed to even make the SPL next season.

The thought had crossed my mind, especially with the takeover rejection news today, but somebody needs to stump up the money to buy us, a club that has seemingly been available to purchase for years, nobody has shown an interest have they?

The thought had crossed my mind, especially with the takeover rejection news today, but somebody needs to stump up the money to buy us, a club that has seemingly been available to purchase for years, nobody has shown an interest have they?

Have we been actively touted on the open market recently though or has Ashley just been happy to skim the tv money and any excess revenue he can?

Just can't see any reason to sell NUFC to take control of Rangers. The Premier Legaue is a guaranteed gravy train. More likely he'll just exert enough influence over Rangers to get advertising, naming rights and control of their retail stores IMO.

Guest Roger Kint

Unless you live under a rock any person/group with the funds and desire to own a PL club will know fine well we are available at the 'right price'. The fact theres not been one single bid appear even when we look in great financial health suggests selling wont be happening for the foreseeable. With profits rising its arguable that even Ashleys ludicrous £250m+ asking fee is becoming more realistic by each passing season. Frankly unless he takes leave of his senses and gets sick of making easy money i doubt he will sell for a long time.