On This Day... Personal Memories

TheGuv

Guest reefatoon

They really were. Remember being out really early and the town was jumping. Ending up in Bonkers just before the game and some bloke had these black and white paint pens and everyone was colouring their faces in. What started as black and white stripes on either side of my face ended up as a grey mess all over my face and top, looked like a zombie. Wasn't helped by the camera's zooming in on my dish before kick off, what a clip.

I thought Cisse's goal was overrated. :lol: Class goal but people then overlooked the quality and technique of the first goal, which I thought was just as good if not better.

Just prefer technique really. The scoop up, turn and volley with his bad foot is more impressive to me than just hitting and hoping from outside the area and seeing it quite fortunately loop and swerve over the keeper.

Rooney's volley against us at OT under Souness was just a hit and hope from outside the area tbf

What has that got to do with anything? :lol: It's not like I'm taking anything away from Cisse. Just think the second goal required more skill to pull off.

Rooney shinned that goal against Man City too. No more than a solid 5/7.

The technique involved to even make contact with that one was incredible though.  Agree with the belter against you lot like. Great goals, just prefer others.