Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Just now, Pata said:

IMG_8508.thumb.jpeg.da05696afca757eebdbf4a49837a651c.jpeg

I have no idea how 95% of N-O missed this but here’s Wilson grabbing goalie’s arm when he tried to punch the ball away and understandably missed it. :lol:

Yeah. There's no way that goal was standing.

I think the first penalty was soft, and the second one should have stood. If the ref had made opposite decisions then VAR was probably reversing the latter. It's mad, they just want profile.

Just now, Froggy said:

Go into the match thread and let your own fans tell you. :lol: never a pen. 

It's technically a foul but it should never result in a pen. Football is a low-scoring sport and matches shouldn't be decided by accidents like that. Ball was going out of play in any case and somehow they give us a 0.8 xG chance due to that contact that's completely irrelevant. Not blaming Gordon here, that's a clever play but there has to be a better way to judge things like that and FIFA should do something about the rules.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I don't care what 'my own fans' are saying [emoji38]

Vide9 below: It's a clear foul. Again, explain how it's not?

Gordon leaves his leg there and it's a ball he's never getting. 

The only way that keeper can pull out of that challenge any more is if he cuts off his legs. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Gordon leaves his leg there and it's a ball he's never getting. 

The only way that keeper can pull out of that challenge any more is if he cuts off his legs. 

The keeper cannot pull out of the challenge because he's absolutely barreled in [emoji38]

Gordon isn't getting there because he has to adjust his legs to brace for being sliced in half. He's won the race by any reasonable measure. You've revealed yourself to be an unreliable narrator.

1 minute ago, KingArthur said:

Gordon buys that penalty, but is a foul. If that happens 5 yards from the byline, clear pen. Now he was not trying to play the ball, so maybe you could understand if that is not given.

Wilson's foul was obvious.

I didn't even see Wilson's foul when watching and thought it was a poor decision. Pata's pictures show it was a clear foul though. 

IMO it's a clear pen with the handball. I don't understand how these aren't being given. 

Screenshot_20230916_200030_X.thumb.jpg.ec6251ec6c944f25487f5633deb87431.jpg

It's stopping the ball moving forward as well. 

Same as the one we were denied against Spurs. I was actually baffled it wasn't given. It was a shot that was going to test the keeper as well.

4917645.thumb.jpg.aac655dc8da0fea0ff809941dcd7bd2c.jpg

I don't understand the thinking. 

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The keeper cannot pull out of the challenge because he's absolutely barreled in [emoji38]

Gordon isn't getting there because he has to adjust his legs to brace for being sliced in half. He's won the race by any reasonable measure. You've revealed yourself to be an unreliable narrator.

It wasn't a pen Hans. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I didn't even see Wilson's foul when watching and thought it was a poor decision. Pata's pictures show it was a clear foul though. 

IMO it's a clear pen with the handball. I don't understand how these aren't being given. 

Screenshot_20230916_200030_X.thumb.jpg.ec6251ec6c944f25487f5633deb87431.jpg

It's stopping the ball moving forward as well. 

Same as the one we were denied against Spurs. I was actually baffled it wasn't given. It was a shot that was going to test the keeper as well.

4917645.thumb.jpg.aac655dc8da0fea0ff809941dcd7bd2c.jpg

I don't understand the thinking. 

The Romero one is a clear penalty. He is blocking a goalbound shot

I thought that it was a good decision not to give penalty against Mbeumo. He has his back to the ball, it comes from so close, and I guess there was a little push from Barnes. Really don't like to see those given.