Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

1 hour ago, KingArthur said:

Goal being disallowed was the right decision. Joelinton should have been off tbh.

Goal....ball, clearly, hits the red line on the sleeve. "Handball" daft as it is. The ref gave it, VAR intervened, the ref didn't go and look. It's a mute point but, if he had, I doubt he would've awarded the goal. 

Joelinton.....looked horrendous from the 1st angle. Red all day. I think, at that very moment, someone blocks his view. Hence the yellow. 

Can VAR intervene reds/yellows? If so, the reverse angle shows Joelinton arm over the keepers neck but down his chest. Yellow. 

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Goal....ball, clearly, hits the red line on the sleeve. "Handball" daft as it is. The ref gave it, VAR intervened, the ref didn't go and look. It's a mute point but, if he had, I doubt he would've awarded the goal. 

Joelinton.....looked horrendous from the 1st angle. Red all day. I think, at that very moment, someone blocks his view. Hence the yellow. 

Can VAR intervene reds/yellows? If so, the reverse angle shows Joelinton arm over the keepers neck but down his chest. Yellow. 

VAR can intervene with the yellow, dunno why it didn't.

12 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

As I say. Maybe because they had a quick look at the other angle and agreed it was a yellow. It was. 

Maybe it wasn't clear and obivous then. But looked like a red to me.

I'm still puzzled why MgGinn AND White didn't get sent off for Villa/Arsenal

Cleary and deliberately whacking the ball into an opponent. McGinn into Saliba and White into McGinn

Not even talked about so, probs, just me 😂

That’s two games in a row with two controversial decisions. Mentally this just shouldn’t play any part in supporters or players mindset when it comes to up & coming games. They’ve got the extra help of VAR. How can they be even worse than before it….! 

I didn’t think it was a sending off, it was a blatant obstruction attempt and it looked clumsy but a red would have been harsh.

The handball I thought was inconclusive from the footage so it should have gone with the on field decision and been given as a goal.

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I didn’t think it was a sending off, it was a blatant obstruction attempt and it looked clumsy but a red would have been harsh.

The handball I thought was inconclusive from the footage so it should have gone with the on field decision and been given as a goal.

It really isn't inconclusive like. 

Exhibit A:

image.thumb.png.58878565ec8af57623402c7a0c048e7d.png

Exhibit B:

His shoulder, aka the green no handball bit, is visible throughout. The ball clearly makes contact lower down the arm in the red zone. Handball.  

1 minute ago, Cf said:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

His shoulder, aka the green no handball bit, is visible throughout. The ball clearly makes contact lower down the arm in the red zone. Handball.  

All day. 

Redknapp et al, straight after, trying to tell you that what you've seen with your own eyes isn't what you've seen 😂

Ball hits the red band on the sleeve. 

Hand fucking ball

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

As I say. Maybe because they had a quick look at the other angle and agreed it was a yellow. It was. 

This all comes back to the idea that the referee is God on the pitch.  With Joelinton, the referee saw the incident and immediately gave him a yellow card.  If VAR does take a look they're only going to ask did you see this foul properly? and the ref is going to answer yes, I deemed it a yellow card.  That's the end of VAR's intervention.  The referee saw the incident and took action, VAR can't intervene further and can't override the referee to say that it should have been a red.  With Schar last week, the moment that the referee gave the red card there was little chance of VAR overturning it, as long as there was something there to indicate that Schar had committed an offence the red was always going to stand (though they should have suggested that both players should have seen red).  Liverpool away last season with the dive, as long as VAR could see how the referee had come to their decision, even if it was wrong, they will always defer to the referee on the pitch.

A lot of the issues with VAR could be solved by treating the referee on the pitch and VAR equally so that VAR can properly intervene and tell the ref that despite them seeing an incident and deeming it less serious, VAR have seen it and they believe there should be further action taken, or correcting a referee when VAR and everyone seeing replays can see that a foul was actually a dive.

24 minutes ago, Cf said:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

I don’t see it that way and I haven’t seen a still photo pinpointing the exact part of his arm that it hits which makes it a handball.

It could have come off anywhere from the top of the shoulder to mid bicep. However, it isn’t conclusive which part it did hit.

22 minutes ago, Cf said:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Aye, small margins, but if it was our goal disallowed they'd say 'correct decision', just like the small margins of schars headbutt where his head travelled 1cm like a bruce lee punch. 

If it hits the deltoid, then it's a goal, but clearly hits below that on the bicep which is not a goal. It's harsh but when all we heard last week was the 'letter of the law' then the uproar on this is basically hypocrisy