Newcastle United Vs Swansea - 17/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Fenham Mag

Guest VaVaVoom

Why does he have to give Kadar a run out?

Because he is a CB and positionally would be a lot better than Simpson and Perch. Did you really need that explained?

I doubt AP will play him however.

While I'm sure all necessary precaution will be taken with the upcoming fixtures, it won't be lost on anyone that with Coloccini in the side we conceded 12 goals in 13.33 games and without him we've conceded 7 in 1.67 games. They'll be busting a gut to get him in the starting eleven.

Guest VaVaVoom

While I'm sure all necessary precaution will be taken with the upcoming fixtures, it won't be lost on anyone that with Coloccini in the side we conceded 12 goals in 13.33 games and without him we've conceded 7 in 1.67 games. They'll be busting a gut to get him in the starting eleven.

Aye.

Lets hope Williamson is ready too.

Aye.

Lets hope Williamson is ready too.

Bench tomorrow with a 15 minute run out if we're in a strong position and possibly in the starting eleven Wednesday I'd reckon.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I wont go if it's Smith. Seriously.

:lol:

I completely agree with him. No way I'm driving 300 miles to watch that cunt.

:lol: :thup:

Really shocked that we've got 50k+ for this. Top effort :thup:

Pretty certain to be sold out by end of today with very few seats remaining. However quality of support will be as important as quantity, this has become a crucial match and we need to be right behind all eleven players whether they're reserves playing out of position or returning from injury.

The confidence gained by having the crowd right behind them will be a big plus.

Guest VaVaVoom

Why does he have to give Kadar a run out?

Because he's actually a CB?

Exactly.

I think some people just like to be argumentative for the sake of it.

I know what you mean, I just can't see how Kadar (who was considered promising even as recently as pre-season) can possibly be worse than Simpson and Perch (who are both embarrassingly bad at CB).

Obviously I don't know the full story, it just seems mad not to play Kadar. We know how bad the alternatives are.

I know what you mean, I just can't see how Kadar (who was considered promising even as recently as pre-season) can possibly be worse than Simpson and Perch (who are both embarrassingly bad at CB).

Obviously I don't know the full story, it just seems mad not to play Kadar. We know how bad the alternatives are.

That just re-enforces my belief that Kadar must be woeful in training. If he was good enough, I'm pretty confident Pardew would play him.

Yeah, maybe, no way of knowing really.

AP: “If you are looking at Colo, he is 50-50 and if you are looking at Cheick he is 70-30 against"

:facepalm:

Fan-f***ing-tastic :dave:

I'm hopeful that we'll see a pretty much full strength team for the WBA game then.

So I would have to go with this tomorrow:

Krul

Raylor  Simpson  Perch  Santon

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Abeid  Jonas

Best      Ba

I'm putting Santon at LB to try and nullify the threat from Routledge.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Will Routledge even play? Sinclair and Dyer are much better players, Dyer in particular would be a massive test for Raylor.

Will Routledge even play? Sinclair and Dyer are much better players, Dyer in particular would be a massive test for Raylor.

Thought they played a 4-3-3 type formation? Haven't been paying close attention to Swansea really.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think it's usually Dyer, Graham and Sinclair up top. Routledge usually on as a second half sub, early on they put him in the midfield three.

I think it's usually Dyer, Graham and Sinclair up top. Routledge usually on as a second half sub, early on they put him in the midfield three.

Looked at the BBC website, looks like Rodgers rotates Dyer and Routledge. Either way, both are threats because of their pace.