Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

None of that makes sense.  Guess they were just saying things they thought the fans would want to hear.

They kept saying last Summer that there had been no offers for any of the players and then when they didn't bring anyone in, said they had to work hard to keep them.

Cabaye was supposedly disappointed that we turned down offers yet probably at the time, was still expecting Debuchy to arrive.

The one thing you can give them credit for is that it was pretty much kept in-house so everything is speculation especially as they seem to tell a different story to different people.

None of that makes sense.  Guess they were just saying things they thought the fans would want to hear.

Or its a load of bullocks and this conversation never actually took place.....

At first I thought that but then I remembered it came from @nufcfans and @Toon_Forum, are we not trusting these as reliable sources any more? :dontknow:

That means that Newcastle may be able to field a four-pronged attack to take on Southampton, with Ben Arfa teed up for a “possible” comeback.

“You’d like to think with him on one side, Ben Arfa on the other side and Sissoko and Cissé – blimey, that’s mouthwatering for us,” he said.

“I think there’s a possibility Hatem will be back for the next home game.”

Can't find the fkn photo but he was in the pub with fans

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/nufc-results-reports/2013/02/11/raising-a-glass-to-a-brighter-future-61634-32784831/

SO is your black and white glass half full or half empty?

For Mike Ashley, who revived a pre-match tradition which had laid dormant for five years of supping with Newcastle supporters in a local pub, it seems to be the former.

In spite of a fresh bout of White Hart pain for Newcastle version 2.0 there was enough here for Ashley and the away fans with whom he mingled in the Arms to suggest brighter times lie ahead.

Can we please start the Southampton pre-match thread?

Pls. Taking my lad to his first ever match - he is beside himself! Hoping he catches the bug like I did...August 1983, Shresbury, David Mills......

The match thread will mean it's almost upon us!

Midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa, recovered from the sickness which had delayed his return to the first team, has been back among the squad this week although he is unlikely to be risked against the side who are fourth in the Ukrainian league and currently enjoying their winter break.

:aww: