Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

His assist was good, I was glad to see him put a ball in realtively quickly. He was still poor though, crap touch and decision-making, he shouldn't be the main man in this side. He was at his best when he was part of the system, not its driving force.

I don't why he was drafted back in after Cardiff, we played very well with Remy, Cisse and Gouffran, that side looked a very good fit for hard-working away performances.

Remy, Cisse and Gouffran had no effect on the game today, Ben Arfa did.  Do you think Ben Arfa playing had a negative effect on 3 other players?

No, I think them being split up as a front trio after Cardiff for Ben Arfa was stupid, they'd played well together and looked well-suited to away matches as a combination. Pardew just can't keep it right, he's constantly meddling with that area of the team.

You don't leave your most dangerous player on the bench because of a one goal win against Cardiff. Remy, Cisse and Gouffran were all on at the same time today, and they were all far more non-existent than Ben Arfa. Gouffran, and Cisse especially were atrocious.

Get real man. Ben Arfa had nothing to do with the loss today.

Of course he had something do to with the loss, he played the whole match and is meant to be our most creative player. We barely created a thing against the worst side in the league. I'm not saying it's all down to him at all but he's part of it in some capacity, whether you like it or not. For the calls that there's not enough movement around him (which I agree with), he's also not the best at knowing when to simply pass the ball when the option's on.

His assist was good, I was glad to see him put a ball in realtively quickly. He was still poor though, crap touch and decision-making, he shouldn't be the main man in this side. He was at his best when he was part of the system, not its driving force.

I don't why he was drafted back in after Cardiff, we played very well with Remy, Cisse and Gouffran, that side looked a very good fit for hard-working away performances.

No we didn't. Cardiff suck, and we needed 2 very good individual goals from Remy to win against them.

I don't think i've ever seen a team more reliant on of pieces individual skill to score goals, be it a longshot or run past multiple defenders. There is no teamwork and movement on this team. It is painful to watch.

Agreed. People praised the Liverpool/Cardiff games because they were above the standard you expect from Pardew and we seemed to playing the ball along the ground more. Attacking strategy, transitional play and movement were all still far below an acceptable level in those games.

Guest Publius

No we didn't. Cardiff suck, and we needed 2 very good individual goals from Remy to win against them.

I don't think i've ever seen a team more reliant on of pieces individual skill to score goals, be it a longshot or run past multiple defenders. There is no teamwork and movement on this team. It is painful to watch.

Get out :lol:

Cardiff are no worse than that shower we played today and we created plenty against them, not just 2 good finishes.

An away derby, facing a team with a new manager and 1 point is a much tougher fixture than Cardiff away. If you can't see that you are simply clueless. Their energy levels were off the charts and they overwhelmed us with consistently higher energy levels. It didn't help that we had 2 centre backs completely incapable of holding possession and distributing the ball. We could barely get the ball to Ben Arfa, so i don't know what you were expecting him to do. Hence why we only started to play at all in the 2nd half, once their legs started to go.

But yeah, keep telling yourself we would have done better with Cisse playing from the start.  :mackems:

What a joker.

Agreed. People praised the Liverpool/Cardiff games because they were above the standard you expect from Pardew and we seemed to playing the ball along the ground more. Attacking strategy, transitional play and movement were all still far below an acceptable level in those games.

We created quite a bit against Cardiff, it's not sacrilege to say we played well on the attack then. As for Liverpool, I'd agree that it was more that we had more of the ball than any chances we actually made.

Get out :lol:

Cardiff are no worse than that shower we played today and we created plenty against them, not just 2 good finishes.

An away derby, facing a team with a new manager and 1 point is a much tougher fixture than Cardiff away. If you can't see that you are simply clueless. Their energy levels were off the charts and they overwhelmed us with consistently higher energy levels. It didn't help that we had 2 centre backs completely incapable of holding possession and distributing the ball. We could barely get the ball to Ben Arfa, so i don't know what you were expecting him to do. Hence why we only started to play at all in the 2nd half, once their legs started to go.

But yeah, keep telling yourself we would have done better with Cisse playing from the start.  :mackems:

What a joker.

Righto. What a fool I am for wanting a front 3 that complemented each other well and caused the opposition problems. It's a team game, the point is to get the best combination that works together.

Guest Publius

Of course he had something do to with the loss, he played the whole match and is meant to be our most creative player. We barely created a thing against the worst side in the league. I'm not saying it's all down to him at all but he's part of it in some capacity, whether you like it or not. For the calls that there's not enough movement around him (which I agree with), he's also not the best at knowing when to simply pass the ball when the option's on.

He created a goal. If he created a goal a game that'd be a good return. Considering how little of the ball he saw today in decent areas, it was a very good return.

He certainly wasn't great today by any means, but it has hard to look good in a team playing so poorly, especially as an attacker.

We created quite a bit against Cardiff, it's not sacrilege to say we played well on the attack then. As for Liverpool, I'd agree that it was more that we had more of the ball than any chances we actually made.

The Cardiff game was better than normal but it still took individual quality ("moments of magic™") to win the game. Too often our attacking play (as it so often does under Pardew) amounted to little more than  a rushed, lofted ball into the box as soon as we get into the final third.

Guest Publius

Righto. What a fool I am for wanting a front 3 that complemented each other well and caused the opposition problems. It's a team game, the point is to get the best combination that works together.

The only true thing you've said.

You don't blindly stick with a combination because they played okish and scored 2 individual goals one time against Cardiff.

Good managers alter their lineups after far better performances than that all the time. Your point is idiotic.

No, I think them being split up as a front trio after Cardiff for Ben Arfa was stupid, they'd played well together and looked well-suited to away matches as a combination. Pardew just can't keep it right, he's constantly meddling with that area of the team.

We haven't got anybody better than Ben Arfa on the right, beating a Cardiff team who were poor changes nothing on that score.

Wrong player for a derby, wants too much time. Cattermole was far more use to them.

He's played well before in derbies. When he plays well, the opposition matters little and the vice versa is true when he is poor. He's been off-colour since the Everton match and it continued today.

The only true thing you've said.

You don't blindly stick with a combination because they played okish and scored 2 individual goals one time against Cardiff.

Good managers alter their lineups after far better performances than that all the time. Your point is idiotic.

You aren't very mature, are you? You can actually make a point without having to make daft digs.

I thought they played well against a similar level team to today, they suited each others' games well in that match and there's no reason that they couldn't have got the better of a poor defence today. Hatem didn't need to be drafted back in, he didn't look particularly good against Liverpool and I'd personally like to see the team ethic he had in 11/12 back in him.

Ideally, I'd like to have see Remy, Gouffran/Cisse and Ben Arfa as a front 3 but I don't think Ben Arfa's head is in the right place right now. He's put in some poor showings since Villa.

Guest Howaythetoon

He may have created a goal, but his all-round performance was nothing short of shocking. Mind he wasn't the only one who had a 'mare...

We haven't got anybody better than Ben Arfa on the right, beating a Cardiff team who were poor changes nothing on that score.

He is our best right winger, no doubt, his head just doesn't seem to be in the right place and I didn't think we needed the type of performance he's seemingly offering at the minute. It's not all his fault but he's been very strange since Villa, just doesn't seem on his game at all. I think he's been given too much freedom and doesn't have the same work ethic he had a year or so ago. We're not good enough to carry him.

Guest Howaythetoon

He has great talent/ability but will never ever be a great player.

He bottled loads of duals today and that is unacceptable.

But seriously, how did he go from 2 match winning displays: Fulham, Villa and talk to the press after with such a glow and joy - he's not one to just bull shit around with his quotes or feelings, we know that. Then he just looks 1/4 the player he was in both of those 2 matches to where he is right now. He did well for our goal, sure, but I'm watching him wondering is he just randomly out of form?

This is just what stops him from being the great player he could be. Consistency.

Two seasons with Arsene Wenger and I'd put any money you like on him being one of the best and most consistent players in Europe.

This is just what stops him from being the great player he could be. Consistency.

Two seasons with Arsene Wenger and I'd put any money you like on him being one of the best and most consistent players in Europe.

I rate Gerets and Deschamps fairly highly as managers and they couldn't do it either.

Guest bimpy474

I rate Gerets and Deschamps fairly highly as managers and they couldn't do it either.

Tbf they did. He was just a troublesome (behaviour) player but contributed to title wins 5 years on the trot with both those clubs iirc.