Roger Tames

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest lessthanlee

Can't stand him either....!

His commentary was tedious as well, the amount of times someone used to score and he'd say "Oh that's meat and drink to Mick Quinn/David Kelly/Marco Gabbiadini/Paul Wilkinson/fill in any c*** with a reasonable scoring record"

I've got the Shearer: The Legend DVD, and it annoyed the fuck out of me how he kept saying that meat and drink quote for almost every goal... :wullie:

He ruined some potentially legendary DVD's of Newcastle that i would appreciate much more without him droning on in them.

I hate that would be surprised voice he tries to do when someone scores. Absoloutely rank.

Joke of a commentator tbf.

He ruined some potentially legendary DVD's of Newcastle that i would appreciate much more without him droning on in them.

I hate that would be surprised voice he tries to do when someone scores. Absoloutely rank.

tbf he is the producer of the dvds too

unsure.gif

Just irritates me when people put 'Don't Know', and stuff like that in their polls. What does it achieve? It tells us nothing - it's a void vote.

Or it says that we don't have such a vivid contrast in all our opinions.

This reminds me of Donnie Darko, nothing can be simply defined into two emotions or feelings. :D

he's been at tyne tees since at least 1977 because he interviewed Muhammad Ali when he came to Newcastle.  So yes he has commentated on those classic clips.

Aye but did he actually commentate, or has he, in 2004 or whenever sat with a video clip and a microphone and pretended to be there? Thats the way it comes across like.

Worst offenders for that are Eurosport who didnt even exist pre-1990 yet have the same bloke who voiceovers Eurogoals commentating "live" on games from 1974 world cup etc. Also sometimes will slip from voiceovering (a word?!) to commentary during eurogoals. Terrible

aye true that....then there's that American bloke who does (did) the quick highlights on eurosport 2 of the  football.....absolutely horrendous attempts at trying to pronounce players' names/teams...damn yanks

unsure.gif

Really? In which case he should fuck off even more then! Some of the tapes/dvds have shoddy in terms and producing, with text playing over the top of certain goals and all, very annoying.

unsure.gif

Really? In which case he should fuck off even more then! Some of the tapes/dvds have shoddy in terms and producing, with text playing over the top of certain goals and all, very annoying.

go to the credits at the end of the dvd and you will see blueyes.gif

Guest Toon Barmy

Simon O'Rourke, the other Soccer Night guy, yeah - he is bloody awful. And a smoggy.

He's a mackem not a smoggy.

Guest Toon Barmy

Thames is a mackem bastard, shouldn't do our commentary. :wullie:

He's a toon fan and has a season ticket in the milburn 7th level.