Loan deals

Dave

Guest Craig-NUFC

Not a fan, but I wouldn't mind Oxlaide-Chamberlain or Miyachi since they're not getting a game for Arsenal, better than Obertan and we have no other wingers.

I don't agree with Premier League clubs loaning players, in or out. It allows the big clubs to stock pile players, which goes against the idea of the 25 man squad rule. If you don't want them then you should be made to sell them or play them in the reserves, regardless of the loss you make. Imagine how much more competitive the league, and the lower leagues would be if the decent players were actually allowed to play for clubs that needed them.

I don't agree with Premier League clubs loaning players, in or out. It allows the big clubs to stock pile players, which goes against the idea of the 25 man squad rule. If you don't want them then you should be made to sell them or play them in the reserves, regardless of the loss you make. Imagine how much more competitive the league, and the lower leagues would be if the decent players were actually allowed to play for clubs that needed them.

banning loans wouldn't stop that. big clubs would still stockpile players. they'd just rot away in the reserves. think loans are a good way for good young players at big clubs to get match experience, and also let smaller clubs get access to talent they normally couldn't afford or access.

Loans are different for us now we are in the premier, to loan a player now you pay an up front loan fee and some of those fees are very high, which fatty wont pay.

When we were in the championship the fees if any would be much lower, most of time they would probably be free as its a prem club, they let their players go on loan with the club loaning them only paying the wages, and with them being youngers players to give them experience, the wages wont too high either.

This. Pretty certain I remember the club explaining why they aren't willing to do loan deals in the past. They cost a bomb now compared to the past, they are really great players available or they are young and no better than what we have.

That said, we would be daft to rule it out given we can't find adequete signings in January that fit our criteria and budget.

The squad desperatley needs a couple of new faces right now as we have hit the wall and hard. Might well come down to a couple of loans or nothing.. is it really wise to pick nothing and run into an injury crisis?

What confuses me most is not the fact that we don't want to look for loan deals, but we refuse to spend 500k-1m and settle for no incomings which in turn costs us 1m or more in premier league position prize money at the end of the year.

Just more proof that they haven't got a clue with regards to running a club.  Would rather play through a season with a paper-thin squad with terrible options for back up that were brought in on the cheap than bring in someone temporary that is actually capable.

You what?

7 or so loan deals under Hughton and Pardew suggests that the club are more than willing to use the loan system when necessary.