The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Only the 436th time the European qualification rules have been explained on here. To clarify:

CL = Top four

Europa League = 5th place, CC winner, FA Cup winner.

If the winner of the CC is already qualified for Europe, the european spot goes to the next team in the league.

If the winner of the FA Cup is already qualified for Europe, the european spot goes to the FA Cup runner up. If they are already qualified as well, then it goes to the league.

:thup:

Looking like we might have to go for 6th if we want Europe then seeing as City are out and either Man Utd or Liverpool will be out on Saturday  :undecided:

Or win the FA Cup  :shifty:

Only the 436th time the European qualification rules have been explained on here. To clarify:

CL = Top four

If the winner of the CC is already qualified for Europe, the european spot goes to the next team in the league.

If the winner of the FA Cup is already qualified for Europe, the european spot goes to the FA Cup runner up. If they are already qualified as well, then it goes to the league.

The FA cup runners up only get in if the winners have qualified for the CL. If 5th won cup (and hadn't also won league cup) the runners up wouldn't get in.

So the spot associated with the cup pulls rank over the cup one, i.e. the 5th place spot goes to 6th? Didn't know that.

Consider me clarified.

Guest neesy111

If 5th place qualified for the cup through the league and finished runners up then 6th or 7th would get the spare european spot.  It's not that hard :lol:

Guest neesy111

If 5th place qualified for the cup through the league and finished runners up then 6th or 7th would get the spare european spot.  It's not that hard :lol:

But we're not talking about that scenario Neesy.

:okay:

Guest neesy111

That scenario with the FA cup could work out in our favour.  i.e.  Arsenal for example finishing 5th and win the FA Cup (though that is very unlikely).

Guest neesy111

That scenario with the FA cup could work out in our favour.  i.e.  Arsenal for example finishing 5th and win the FA Cup (though that is very unlikely).

I'd say that was distinctly possible TBH.

Arsenal winning a trophy with that current team.....

:yao:

Would give us a better chance than that.

Well yeah, but if they beat Villa at home, then there are a handful more Prem clubs guaranteed to be out (Liverpool v ManU, QPR v Chelsea, Bolton v Swansea, West Brom v Norwich, Everton v Fulham). They still have the CL, but maybe only for a couple of games  :pow: and they have a fair few players to come back from injury. I think the FA Cup is anybody's this year.

CL = Top four

:thup:

Looking like we might have to go for 6th if we want Europe then seeing as City are out and either Man Utd or Liverpool will be out on Saturday  :undecided:

Or win the FA Cup  :shifty:

Or maybe we could try and win the FA Cup?

Guest neesy111

Well yeah, but if they beat Villa at home, then there are a handful more Prem clubs guaranteed to be out (Liverpool v ManU, QPR v Chelsea, Bolton v Swansea, West Brom v Norwich, Everton v Fulham). They still have the CL, but maybe only for a couple of games  :pow: and they have a fair few players to come back from injury. I think the FA Cup is anybody's this year.

Don't screw it up v Brighton and I'll be quietly confident with our chances this year especially with Ba and Cisse upfront to come.