The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

If a top 5 team wins the fa cup and the above happens I don't think we qualify like, where's dave?

It depends on who the FA Cup finalists are. For example, if it turns out to be Chelsea and Man U in the final (and they are on course for qualifying for the Champions League), then 6th would be an Europa League place.

But if the finalists are say, Man U and Norwich and Man U end up winning it, then Norwich would get the Europa League spot.

If a top 5 team wins the fa cup and the above happens I don't think we qualify like, where's dave?

Goes 5th qualifies automatically.

If 5th or higher wins a cup, it goes down to 6th.

If boths cups (and the FA cup runner up) are teams already qualified it'll go down to 7th.

This was the case last season.

Goes 5th qualifies automatically.

If 5th or higher wins a cup, it goes down to 6th.

If boths cups (and the FA cup runner up) are teams already qualified it'll go down to 7th.

This was the case last season.

Sweet cheers

Only the 436th time the European qualification rules have been explained on here. To clarify:

CL = Top four

Europa League = 5th place, CC winner, FA Cup winner.

If the winner of the CC is already qualified for Europe, the european spot goes to the next team in the league.

If the winner of the FA Cup is already qualified for Europe, the european spot goes to the FA Cup runner up. If they are already qualified as well, then it goes to the league.