The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest firetotheworks

Italy 7 - 1 England

Ouch.

Just goes to how quickly things change. A few years ago we had 2 teams in the CL final and Serie A was in turmoil. Serie A is still s*** but the PL has dipped in quality drastically since Mourinho and Ronaldo left.

Only because those two left?

Get out of here.

Both of them leaving meant a downturn in quality for me. Man United haven't been challenged anywhere near as much since imo. Ronaldo was the gem in the PL. No player has been anywhere near to his influence since. Not even Rooney or RVP.

Hang on, Man Utd were spanked by Barcelona with Ronaldo in their side in the CL final and Chelsea were in the final of CL without Mourinho.

Not all down to them, but two of many people leaving that hasn't helped.

I'm just making a point that they coincided, barca beating a team proves nothing more than how unbelievable they've been since then. They also destroyed Real Madrid, managed by Mourinho, with Ronaldo in the team! I'm just saying that Mourinho upped the ante in the PL when he arrived, and Ronaldo was and is the second best player in the world. You'd be daft to say that the league wouldn't be much better quality at the top with them in it.

Italy 7 - 1 England

Ouch.

Just goes to how quickly things change. A few years ago we had 2 teams in the CL final and Serie A was in turmoil. Serie A is still s*** but the PL has dipped in quality drastically since Mourinho and Ronaldo left.

Only because those two left?

Get out of here.

Both of them leaving meant a downturn in quality for me. Man United haven't been challenged anywhere near as much since imo. Ronaldo was the gem in the PL. No player has been anywhere near to his influence since. Not even Rooney or RVP.

Hang on, Man Utd were spanked by Barcelona with Ronaldo in their side in the CL final and Chelsea were in the final of CL without Mourinho.

Not all down to them, but two of many people leaving that hasn't helped.

I'm just making a point that they coincided, barca beating a team proves nothing more than how unbelievable they've been since then. They also destroyed Real Madrid, managed by Mourinho, with Ronaldo in the team! I'm just saying that Mourinho upped the ante in the PL when he arrived, and Ronaldo was and is the second best player in the world. You'd be daft to say that the league wouldn't be much better quality at the top with them in it.

Well that's nice to know, glad nobody is exclusively saying that like.