NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I remember Pardew says he change his formation because of Mulumbu. I am not surprised if he ends here.

He didnt quite say that.... he said he set up a special plan to get at the West Brom back 4 because he defends the middle of the pitch very well but is weak down the sides and we exploited that.

Personally dont like him and think we can do A LOT better but if he does join he will be like everyone else i will support him to the hills.

ashley won't sell tiote for less 20m imo, not a chance...with the likes of manyoo & chelsea needing entirely new midfields to replace the decrepit old bones they have there now the ball is in the sellers court

if cabaye has a good euro they'll be all over him as well, especially manyoo imo

Guest magpie99

On the subject of sales, I agree that Ashley will only sell for an over inflated price but I dont see the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal or Spurs being taken in by that. The Carroll sale was a one off and something Liverpool may come to regret and despite what Pardew and Llambiase have said in the press in recent months about player sales and prices etc, I seriously doubt any of our high profile players will be sold.

It looks to me as though they are all happy at the club and when you look at the spine of the team, there are few better, in my opinion.

Ashley has stated that his 5 year plan is to see the club in the CL and so far, we are supposed to be a year ahead of schedule so to sell any of our high performers would be suicide for that plan, especially when you consider the spirit built up in the group.

My take on it is that with Colo and Krul signing new contracts, Taylor returning and the obvious purchase of Douglas at centre back and probably Clyne and Pieters as full backs, our defence should be well and truly sorted for next season. The addition of pace and flair in midfield with say, Moses, Amalifitano and the return of Marveaux should see our midfield improve.

Up front, I think we would be pretty well off even though Smith, Loven, Xisco and Ranger were shipped out. In a prdevious post, I recommended the signing of Rodriguez as a back up for when we lose Cisse and Ba to the acon. I would also like to see Maatt Phillips brought in to replace Obertan.

This would give us an extremely healthy squad further supplemented with pace and flair from some of our youngsters whno, I believe, will get a lot more opportunities next season, particularly in cup competitions.

I really do think the future could be very bright and I dont think it was cost us a lot either.

On the subject of sales, I agree that Ashley will only sell for an over inflated price but I dont see the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal or Spurs being taken in by that.

well, imo tiote is arguably the best DM in the league - if someone wants him they need to be prepared to pay for him surely?  he's still got 5 years left on his contract as well

would depend if they were going to pay for someone proven in the league or take a cheaper gamble from elsewhere

Guest magpie99

Tiote is certainly up there but I dont think teams will meet our valuation of him, especially when you cpnsider that he will miss possibly 6 weeks of the season for the ACON alone and then there will be the inevitable injuries and suspensions too.

Furthermore, I dont think Tiote wants to leave anyway.

Guest magpie99

I actually think we are not far off being a CL team, providing we can kepp our key players and add quality where it is needed. Ashley would be foolish to break up the current team when it just needs a bit of tinkering.

We are certainly weak in defence which has been identified. Dont forget, we have Saylor coming back and he was in imperious form prior to his injury. The addition of say, Douglas and Clyne at a cost of probably less that 7 million quid would add pace, height and strength to the defence.

I think Perch could easily replace Tiote when the latter is way at the ACON and if we could get Pieters for LB, we would be in the good position of being able to field a good defensive left back for games where we will need to defend more and play Santon in a more attacking role from LB against weaker teams.

Lsing the two Senegal lads could be a problem during the ACON but we could have the likes of Moses, Rodriguez as well as Shola, Best and Ben Arfa as our attacking options, if we bought wisely.

My main plus though is the quality of the kids coming through. I really like Ferguson and Sammy and think the time has finally come to see what Vuckic can really do.

In general, I dont see the need to sell when we can buy well within our budget and get young players with flair, pace and strength and no fear factor to enhance the squad.

Good post ^^^^

A bit more pace, power and height at the back to go with a fit again Saylor would really solidify things. We've got the players to nick a goal away from home keeping things tight but too often have conceded goals due to lack of pace or being out muscled (look at Williamson being outjumped for pne of those Wigan goals)

for those of you thinking moses is a possibility are in bonkers land. Young, English, potential, can perform in the premier league = big fee. )=

id like to see us go for joe cole on loan :) i think he would provide us with balance required to many of our possible setups and would be a great option in europe.

Bit of wishful thinking going on IMO. Yes, we've received some big fees in the recent past but so far we've not sold a good player to one of the really top clubs. If Man United or Chelsea wanted Cabaye or Tiote then the player would desperately want to leave which greatly reduces our negotiating position from that suggested above. If that happens then so be it, we just have to hope the club reinvests that money properly and wisely.

I think the club is being asked a serious question about ambition again this summer. The question is how are we approaching this summer? How keen are we to keep our best players? At what cost do we let them go? Are we finally prepared to go after "big" players or are we going to look for the right bargains again?

There's nothing wrong with smart cheap signings, especially if they are as good as the ones we have signed recently but I do feel that there is a ceiling to it. At some point we have to bite the bullet and try and snare a big name from under the noses of clubs like Spurs.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have been fantastic in the transfer market but was Cisse a one off? More of the same would see us really scare a few teams next year. I think there will be ups and downs this summer, at least one good player out and at least one good player in.

I think the club is being asked a serious question about ambition again this summer. The question is how are we approaching this summer? How keen are we to keep our best players? At what cost do we let them go? Are we finally prepared to go after "big" players or are we going to look for the right bargains again?

There's nothing wrong with smart cheap signings, especially if they are as good as the ones we have signed recently but I do feel that there is a ceiling to it. At some point we have to bite the bullet and try and snare a big name from under the noses of clubs like Spurs.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have been fantastic in the transfer market but was Cisse a one off? More of the same would see us really scare a few teams next year. I think there will be ups and downs this summer, at least one good player out and at least one good player in.

Cisse a one off? Have you even looked at our business lately :-) Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ba just to name a few.

It's not a one off - it's a tendency.

Cisse cost pretty much double any of those others, and was easily the biggest transfer Ashley has sanctioned here beyond Colo which happened before he got all interested in the finances.

Guest elbee909

More transfer rumours would be good in here, to help stop all the wild flailing conjecture.

Bit of wishful thinking going on IMO. Yes, we've received some big fees in the recent past but so far we've not sold a good player to one of the really top clubs. If Man United or Chelsea wanted Cabaye or Tiote then the player would desperately want to leave which greatly reduces our negotiating position from that suggested above. If that happens then so be it, we just have to hope the club reinvests that money properly and wisely.

apart from carroll we've pretty much bought and sold in the same financial region, however it may be the case that as the finances get better then we can spend more and pay bigger wages. if it goes backwards then we'll spend less and cut the wage bill. little different to a lot of other clubs really.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have been fantastic in the transfer market but was Cisse a one off?

I think we're capable of pulling of many similar bargains in the future. It's all about doing the proper groundwork, which we completely ignored earlier. As Pards said, he knew Cisse would be a success because the lad had been scoring shitloads for an inferior team in a league almost as strong as PL.  If you get your facts straight, you will more often than not make good buys.

apart from carroll we've pretty much bought and sold in the same financial region, however it may be the case that as the finances get better then we can spend more and pay bigger wages. if it goes backwards then we'll spend less and cut the wage bill. little different to a lot of other clubs really.

Well that's my point, just because we got silly money for Carroll doesn't mean that we could demand £25m for Tiote and therefore clubs won't meet our valuation as some seem to believe. If Chelsea started off at £12m I think we'd be struggling.

Well that's my point, just because we got silly money for Carroll doesn't mean that we could demand £25m for Tiote and therefore clubs won't meet our valuation as some seem to believe. If Chelsea started off at £12m I think we'd be struggling.

i agree but still think we'd knock that back. 18-20million would be my guess.