NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest BooBoo

Can't help but feel all the waffle about "bracing ourselves for bids" and "hoping to keep ahold of big names" is just a smokescreen for the lack of incoming deals.

I'll be surprised if there are any significant incomings or outgoings.

Can't help but feel all the waffle about "bracing ourselves for bids" and "hoping to keep ahold of big names" is just a smokescreen for the lack of incoming deals.

I'll be surprised if there are any significant incomings or outgoings.

Smokescreen by who? You think we are leaking info to the press that we are "braced for bids" :lol:

They just have nothing else to write because they dont know anything....

Latest from Mr Ryder:

NEWCASTLE UNITED are going into the final few days of the transfer window braced for a late raid for Yohan Cabaye.

Weekend reports linked the Frenchman with Arsenal but the Chronicle also understands that Tottenham Hotspur could make a move for the French international this week.

Cheick Tiote has also been linked with Chelsea and Spurs this summer but, as Alan Pardew has already pointed out on numerous occasions, interested parties will have to pay the right prices for the pair – and this means that bids would have to be around £20million upwards.

Andre Villas-Boas – poised to lose key midfielder Luka Modric to Real Madrid – is believed to have already inquired through his board about taking Cabaye to north London, with sources at White Hart Lane confirming money is expected to be splashed out in the next few days.

The Portuguese coach has not enjoyed the greatest of starts to his managerial reign at Spurs, but he will be backed by up to £50million in the final days of the window.

Both Cabaye and Shakhtar Donetsk’s Brazilian attacking midfielder Willian are on the Tottenham wish list, but it remains to be seen how much Spurs would have to stump up for the former Lille star.

Cabaye is an influential member of the United dressing room these days and his team-mates would be sad to see him go, especially after an outstanding first campaign last term.

It is thought that, should Newcastle agree to move Cabaye on, it would open things up to bring in new blood.

And the Magpies are believed to have a couple of alternatives in mind when it comes to midfielders.

A move for former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll is also not being ruled out.

Pardew played down talk that United will make another move for Carroll this week, but the offer of a cut-price exit is still on the table for Liverpool if they want to do business – and shouldn’t be ruled out.

The arrival of Clint Dempsey at Anfield would also bring in another attacking body for Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

And, having already told Carroll he can go this summer – before backtracking – the Geordie could still get his wish of a return home.

Any potential outgoing transfers from Newcastle could also see interest in FC Twente defender Douglas revived. But the Brazilian-born defender is happy to stay in Holland and run down his contract, which expires next June, if need be.

United’s business so far in this summer’s transfer window amounts to three youngsters signed on nominal fees or free transfers in Gael Bigirimana, Curtis Good and Romain Amalfitano, plus Dutch international midfielder Vurnon Anita, who arrived for around £6million from Ajax.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/27/newcastle-united-fear-transfer-raid-for-yohan-cabaye-72703-31703917/#ixzz24joZjXYE

The Chronicle know nothing in regards of transfers at Newcastle, they never have done since Alan Oliver left.

Don't you just love NCJ Media though?, they make the Chronicle, Journal, and Sunday Sun yet all these papers have transfer stories about us and they all contradict one another and yet they are all completely wrong.

Tomorrow's Journal:

http://i.imgur.com/iR8EI.png

http://i.imgur.com/imaD3.gif

I genuinely thought he was talking about his bedroom window. Only took 12 hours for it to finally click. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Whatever you think of him, it's a joke to be printing shit-stirring guff like that on the verge of the window closing. Lazy as fuck and irresponsible.

I'm thinking he does that so he can come out and say the club resisted other clubs interested if no one moves.

Either way its still complete bollocks.

Guest bimpy474

Ah, to invent himself a number of follow-up articles no matter what happens? Aye, makes sense.

Exactly. That Talksport interview really showed that he has no contacts inside the club. Yes he goes to the pressers and gets interviews, but he knows as much as you, me and everybody else about transfer in or out. Basically nowt.

I questioned him this time last season on his constant scaremongering over Tiote, I was told that I 'didn't know the sources that he gets his information from'. It beggars belief that he's employed full time, I've got half a mind to walk down to  the chronicle office and apply for his job there and then.

Guest BooBoo

If one of our big names do go this week without top quality coming in i'll be fuming. Ashley's real intent for the club will be evident this week.  We'll see.

Good point. I think we're about to find out if Ashley is the real deal or just not that arsed.

So apparently we have sounded out the availability of M'Vila, Douglas supposedly wants to join ( Times) and supposedly going to up our offer for Debuchy and that's without mentioning the constant Carroll stories and Remy story.

As well as the Tiote and Cabaye BS  :lol:

Going to be a crazy week.

Guest BooBoo

I'm pretty sure in the old days Shepherd and Alan Oliver had a decent understanding in that the club would toss the Chronicle bones re transfer news and the paper wouldn't hammer their running of the club. Even in the desperate Souness/ Roeder eras, the paper never called out Shepherd's running of things.

All ties are cut now and basically Ryder and co don't have a clue until something concrete happens, or they read it on here first. :lol: