NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Who knows? Something might still happen. If it doesn't I'll be a bit disappointed but it's not the end of the world.

my opinion, while hardly ideal if we have the same squad as we do now on sat its not the worst thing thats ever happened

It's increasingly unlikely Lille or Liverpool will budge on thier prices but then we already knew that. If that's the case it will be frustrating in the sense we've missed an oppertunity to strengthen an already impressive base of players, but this is squad is more than capable of another top six campaign.

First 11 is cabable....not the squad.  Seriously lack depth in key areas.  Squad was light last year and is even lighter this time round considering we have the extra strain of Europe.

On the bright side we have Ben Arfa fit and on form from the start this time rather than having to wait until Febuary.  Plus its unlikely this year that we'll lose Cisse and Ba in January, and if god forbid we do lose them again we definitely won't lose Tiote.

What was un-Ashley about Cisse?

Nothing at all. Player was identified, scouted and then signed at / below our true value of the player as with every other signed we've made from abroad recently.

Exactly, had a boat load of sell-on value to (not that I agree with this, but it's clearly the way things are done).

Yup, hence us having a very what seems certain targers this summer but our overall transfer target list this summer being very unflexible. It's massively risk averse.

What about our very public bids for Gameiro/Gervinho? It showed we were willing to splash the cash if we think we're getting value.

Yeh but neither of those players came nor did Bryan Ruiz and perhaps out off distrust or annoyance, I questioned at the time wether or not those bids were serious or just verbal propaganda in an attempt to calm fans down, and also began to wonder if we were going to get a replacement for Carroll.

Which is why I was shocked when Cisse came in. Dont think im alone in that either. I agree we used our blueprint when scouting him but I was still suprised we paid what we did.

What about our very public bids for Gameiro/Gervinho? It showed we were willing to splash the cash if we think we're getting value.

Yeh but neither of those players came nor did Bryan Ruiz and perhaps out off distrust or annoyance, I questioned at the time wether or not those bids were serious or just verbal propaganda in an attempt to calm fans down, and also began to wonder if we were going to get a replacement for Carroll.

Which is why I was shocked when Cisse came in. Dont think im alone in that either. I agree we used our blueprint when scouting him but I was still suprised we paid what we did.

Was the Ruiz deal even real? Thought it was David Craig being spun a yarn.

Was the Ruiz deal even real? Thought it was David Craig being spun a yarn.

Probably not, it was pretty farcical anyway. We got Ba in, failed to bring in someone else up front and I really did think that was that in terms of looking for a striker. 

Ba's form the first half of the season only enhanced my view we would'nt bring anyone else in in Jan.

Linked with Boudabouz along with about 5 other clubs on that Algerian site Le Buteur. Originally they said he wants to stay in France another year, but now saying he wouldn't be afraid to move abroad.

http://www.lebuteur.com/en/actualites/seville-malaga-valence-et-newcastle-veulent-boudebouz

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu148/fisher_dodd/Brian_Badonde.jpg

Linked with Boudabouz along with about 5 other clubs on that Algerian site Le Buteur. Originally they said he wants to stay in France another year, but now saying he wouldn't be afraid to move abroad.

http://www.lebuteur.com/en/actualites/seville-malaga-valence-et-newcastle-veulent-boudebouz

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu148/fisher_dodd/Brian_Badonde.jpg

first thing that popped into my head too  :lol:

Fact is, clubs are probably starting to add much more onto a players value when we come in for obvious reasons.

How is that a fact?  clubs could equally get twitching and reduce the value of a player.

Fact is, clubs are probably starting to add much more onto a players value when we come in for obvious reasons.

How is that a fact?  clubs could equally get twitching and reduce the value of a player.

Why would a club ever reduce the value of their players? :lol:

Guest neesy111

Clubs only in financial meltdown do that. 

Clubs only in financial meltdown do that. 

OR clubs who are looking at other players and NEED to sell one of theirs before buying.

Guest Roger Kint

Can't believe Fiorentina have just loaned Vargas to Genoa. We should have been in there to get him.

Him on the left, Santon on the right.

We dont want loans though. Affellay too would have been great.

Can't believe Fiorentina have just loaned Vargas to Genoa. We should have been in there to get him.

With an option to buy I think we could have been in there. Did it with Ben Arfa, looking for it with Carroll.

Guest Roger Kint

With an option to buy I think we could have been in there. Did it with Ben Arfa, looking for it with Carroll.

I would imagine neither are available like that though which was my point. Certaiinly according to reports Barca arent looking to sell.