NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I understand the whole 'every player has his price' thing but I will never ever understand the willingness that a seemingly increasing number of our fans have to sell players that other good clubs would want.

I think it's the fact that if players want to leave, then we are better off without them which I think is correct.

Who, other than Cabaye, has even hinted that they want to leave? TT is advocating selling four of our best players on the basis that we could get decent money for them. We're then expected to go out and replace them, in two months, with players of an equally high standard. They're all internationals, playing for a club that has just finished 16th. Do you really think we're going to be able replace them that easily? It's complete madness.

They had about 8 good games between them last season.

high standard?Debuchy wasn't anything better than the guy were letting go on a free , Mbiwa was ok nowt special, certainly not a sure starter for next season, I'm sure it won't be hard to pick up a stroppy petulant areshole who goes missing even when as captain and and complete crock of an attacking midfielder.

Bar is set so high there.  :lol:

Get the fuck out! Debuchy is much better than Simpson, positionally, physically, in the air, with the ball, creatively... Mbiwa has played half a season and looked pretty decent, he is a young foreign player, needs time, Coloccini is a great pro, has never hidden on the field, has never been stroppy in any way, name me one example??? And the complete crock of an attacking midfielder, guessing you mean ben arfa, he has been unlucky with injuries. crackpot

Never mentioned Colo, for all his dramas this year i hope he stays. crackpot

Ah sorry thought he was the captain you were talking about... misread... anyways I feel a slight bit confident we will make decent signings, as the last 2 years have shown

If we suddenly had a load of cash because we sold players for inflated fees, all that would mean is that the other clubs would want more money off us for the potential replacements.  As we don't budge from our initial valuations (even if they are commonly accepted as too low), we would probably end up with poorer players and a smaller squad.

If we suddenly had a load of cash because we sold players for inflated fees, all that would mean is that the other clubs would want more money off us for the potential replacements.  As we don't budge from our initial valuations (even if they are commonly accepted as too low), we would probably end up with poorer players and a smaller squad.

like with the Andy Carroll cash.  :rolleyes:

So f*** man, that doesn't make them bad players. Two of them only joined six months ago. Are you really, honestly that confident we can do better than them all?

i'm confident we can find a better RB than Debuchy for £10m. Im confident we'd get two CB for £18m that would replace what Mbiwa has brought to the table and £25m for either Cabaye or HBA is sensational money and we could replace for half that for each.

If we are talking £5m for debuchy, £7m for Mbiwa, £10m for Cabaye or HBa then no f***ing way, its all about the fees for me and how we can invest again.

Look i'd rather Pardew be sacked and not having this conversation, but the reality is he's here to stay and this is the future. Ashley will want to take advantage of the French money scenario and if it arrives at our door asking for players then its up to us to fleece them. Same goes for Russia, if they want Tiote or Cisse for daft money, take it.

Think you're downplaying the role of influence/status current players at a club have on others wanting to join. Ben Arfa joining has played a big part in most of the following transfers, his status in france gave us a higher status as a club over there as did Cabaye following that. We dont have this everywhere, outside of that we're a club that finished 16th in the league. We may still find the odd player who simply wants to play in England, but its far slower than building your rep in one country and scouting the players there with the most potential who may actually join you.

You must be kidding me with these posts.

We don't need to sell. We have a great team. We only need to buy two or three players and our first team will be as good as Spurs and Liverpool.

It will be cheaper replacing the manager, anyway. He is the one who needs replacing, not the players.

And i'm the crackpot  :lol:

He's not far off it tbh, 3 quality players and we would have a first team which is very competitive with those two, bench would still be shit compared probably but first team we are not really that far away.

As said before give me 2 strikers and a winger and i'm confident going into the new season despite how moronic the manager is.

Still don't understand the want to sell our best players, even for massive prices.

We still haven't replaced Andy Carroll ffs :lol:

We replaced Carroll ages ago, we just sold Carroll's replacement thats all.

Maybe we could replace Shola with a big sack of ten pound notes.

I'd be happy with that, we'd have about the same chance of the sack of £10 notes scoring as we have with Shola scoring and the sack of notes would be less likely to lose possession as often.

If there was one thing that we learnt from last season is that you should always be looking to improve your squad.  You don't do that by selling your best players.  The club should be on a strong enough financial footing now where we don't have to sell to buy.  So the club have no excuses really.

No idea what Sammy's future looks like, really could go other way. I think he'll prove to be useful in spells. I just wouldn't like to see us having to rely on him. Another season out on loan and then go from there, I don't think he'll be quite ready even the season after the coming one.

I hope this helps.

http://i43.tinypic.com/kaps8x.jpg

I think it's the fact that if players want to leave, then we are better off without them which I think is correct.

Coloccini wanted to leave in January, we would be in a lower division now if we'd let that happen.

Guest neesy111

We only need to buy two or three players and our first team will be as good as Spurs and Liverpool.

No, just no.

Guest neesy111

Coloccini wanted to leave in January, we would be in a lower division now if we'd let that happen.

We wouldn't in hindsight.

Guest neesy111

If Coloccini didn't come back from injury we would have been relegated, absolute no doubt at all.

Since when does the 5 points we finished ahead of Wigan equate to the 4 we gained when he came back, we would had finished ahead of them still.  Do some maths.

If Coloccini didn't come back from injury we would have been relegated, absolute no doubt at all.

Since when does the 5 points we finished ahead of Wigan equate to the 4 we gained when he came back, we would had finished ahead of them still.  Do some maths.

Your forgetting all the other points we gained once he stayed in January that i somehow doubt we would have got if he were sold.

Guest neesy111

Your forgetting all the other points we gained once he stayed in January that i somehow doubt we would have got if he were sold.

Then say that then, in the 1st place.  You said if he didn't come back from injury only.

From a purely mathematical point of view we were safe, Colo or no Colo. But had we lost against QPR, Wigan would have had something to play for in the final game.

The odds are that we still would have been safe, mind.