NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

He's clearly not going to give anything away.

The more he dampens expectations the better from his point of view.

If he says no deals are on the cards, then if one does come in then itl be seen as a "surprise" or unexpected from his point of view.

But we've been here before havent we? Knowing we desperetely need a player or two, grasping on to any hope, when its obvious nothings in the pipework as we've made our offers for the players we want and we wont budge.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

#nufc AP: "We know who we are watching If there is movement on targets we may trigger ourselves" presumably referring to Debuchy

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth

Pardew on transfers: 'We're watching the market. We know the ones we're watching. If there's movement, we might trigger ourselves.' #nufc

Well done you giggsed yourself in the space of one post. A new low.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

#nufc AP: "We know who we are watching If there is movement on targets we may trigger ourselves" presumably referring to Debuchy

Pardew on transfers: 'We're watching the market. We know the ones we're watching. If there's movement, we might trigger ourselves.' #nufc

http://clean.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/jpg/surprised-cat-gasp.jpg

Wonder what Pardew makes of all this btw. He must have thought having guided the club to its best finish in fucking ages that he would be backed more emphatically than this in the transfer market. I can't believe that he's satisfied.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

:lol:

Wonder what Pardew makes of all this btw. He must have thought having guided the club to its best finish in f***ing ages that he would be backed more emphatically than this in the transfer market. I can't believe that he's satisfied.

I bet he's content with it. He knew it would be like this when he took the job.

Very frustrating if nobody else comes in but there is part of me that's happy that we clearly know who we want and aren't going to panic buy people who we haven't scouted.

That said I'd kill for us to sign Debuchy.

Wonder what Pardew makes of all this btw. He must have thought having guided the club to its best finish in f***ing ages that he would be backed more emphatically than this in the transfer market. I can't believe that he's satisfied.

Wouldn't be the first time he's been left annoyed. Thankfully he's not trying to publicly second guess Ashley regarding transfers now.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Starforth didn't say it was presumably about Debuchy  :pow:

Whats the point in waiting this late to make moves for players? Especially when we are not dependant on player sales to fund recruitment.

You can understand Spurs making last minute dashes to buy players as they have been waiting for several outgoing deals to be sorted.

But for us, our budget hasnt really changed. Weve known roughly what we have to spend from the beggining of the window.

So unless circumstances dramatically change, its pretty clear our window is over.  If they wernt prepared to pay a extra 1mil for Debuchy a couple of weeks ago, then there not going to suddenly get to Friday and go "oh shit" and fax through an improved offer. They probably would of considered it at the time, as im pretty sure they havent all been sitting in a dark room for the past 4 weeks deciding if they should up the original offer.

Really wish we made up our mind when we went for Debuchy. We seemed uncertain if we wanted to spend an extra mil on him, with the striker in mind. In the end, we may end up signing neither, which just exposes our weaknesses in both areas more.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Starforth didn't say it was presumably about Debuchy  :pow:

I think we can all manage without Lee Ryder's personal opinions  :pow: