NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

He's been here 6 years and will be breaking even (if that) on players he has bought and sold.

Even if it hasn't been in the press I would be very surprised if we haven't had enquiries for a number of players who we would make a tidy profit on.

You can say it's not been the right time, Pardew says this and that etc.. but the fact is he has sold 2 player in 6 years for any sort of sizeable profit and one of those he couldn't do anything about.

When we start buying players and selling them on for a profit on a regular basis I will believe this is the strategy but as said we are either really fucking shit at it or its not really what we do.

He's been here 6 years and will be breaking even (if that) on players he has bought and sold.

Even if it hasn't been in the press I would be very surprised if we haven't had enquiries for a number of players who we would make a tidy profit on.

You can say it's not been the right time, Pardew says this and that etc.. but the fact is he has sold 2 player in 6 years for any sort of sizeable profit and one of those he couldn't do anything about.

When we start buying players and selling them on for a profit on a regular basis I will believe this is the strategy but as said we are either really fucking shit at it or its not really what we do.

I think we're in profit on transfers since he took over.

I think we're in profit on transfers since he took over.

Not on players we have bought (under Ashley) to sell.

Maybe pocketed was an offbeat way of putting it, imo though we'd have had the same summer with only Anita coming in even with Champ League qualification. He's simply not interested in investing seriously in the squad. 

The 'policy' of ours is hugely misinterpreted imo. Instead of looking to see what the team actually needs we just scrat about in Ligue 1 for cheap players, and if there is none to be found well then that's fine by Ashley no doubt. No speculate to accumulate. Think 'expiring' 'french' 'interested' '2-4mil' on your champ man filters.

Quite a few players we've signed don't fit that filter, the player you just mentioned for instance.  I know what you mean, we do seem to look for expiring contract players in France a lot of the time, but its not our entire policy.  I also think its more about bargains than cheap players, for instance we paid £9m for Cisse, not that cheap but we considered it a bargain.

We seem to go looking for the best players we can find at bargain prices and sometimes they aren't the kind of player we need, sometimes they are.

If the intention is to buy them cheap and then sell them high, it's not working, essentially because our dimwit of a manager has them playing so badly nobody wants to buy them. The alternative theory is that most of the players we buy are cheap and crap in the first place and have no resale value anyhow.

Those filters were just an attempt to generalise our way of doing things. Wasnt gunna go through our players but might aswell. Our transfers since the beginning of the 11/12 season plus HBA.

Cabaye - 4.5 mil release clause

Ba - free transfer

Marv - free transfer

Santon - Unwanted, available for cut price

Ben Arfa - Loan initially then permanent deal, chanced it on a player who had a broken leg at the time.

Sissoko - Deal Running Out, available for next to nowt.

Tiote - Cheap deal

Hiadara - Cheap deal

Obertan - Cost nowt practically

Bigi - Cheap deal

Cisse - 9mil spent and an impressive signing admittedly.

Anita - 6mil

Debuchy and MYB - The former was brought in long after he should have been and the latter imo was frantically brought in simply to quell the threat of relegation, as were Sissoko and Gouffran

This season we've had one loan deal. I'm going over old ground but it's clear there is a pattern here. Excluding the Cisse deal we've not really spent big on a player. Total opportunistic bargain hunting and never the impression of recognising what the team requires and paying the required amount.

I'm not criticising those players here just I find it odd how the club called it a policy after one successful go at it when it was quite clear it was just a swipe in the dark with the aim to spend as little as possible. my opinion anyway.  :lol:

Pretty sure we wern't going to sign Cisse either as we were quoted £12m originally but then in that January  they got a call that the price was £9m if we still wanted him so we went for it. Still a good signing but again another sign that we only went in because we thought we could get a good deal and would never have bothered at his original value.

I'm pretty sure we were ready to spend the money on Gomis this summer, if the deal hadn't had so many third party payment issues etc.

It happens so much though with us. Agent / additional payments blah blah. Every other club is prepared to do the necessary except us.

I'm pretty sure we were ready to spend the money on Gomis this summer, if the deal hadn't had so many third party payment issues etc.

It happens so much though with us. Agent / additional payments blah blah. Every other club is prepared to do the necessary except us.

We are tight, not trying to argue otherwise.