NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Simpson for another year :anguish:

If we play 4-3-3 then Simpson's weaknesses won't be as obvious as day imo.

Won't?

In that he won't really be doing anything of note. If our midfield 3 and attacking 3 just do their thing, then Simpson won't be as involved in the game.

If we play 4-3-3 then his weaknesses will become even more obvious.

Tbf what have the Journal got right all summer? They are guessing like all the rest of us.

Odds on them being absolutely spot on at this stage of the window tbh. :lol:

Aye they have waited till the perfect moment to guess one right  :lol:

Dissapointing but what I expected if they have got it right mind.

Are Marca usually reliable?

No and RMC said the Debuchy link is BS apparently, as did Fred Hermel a french journo. It was started by france football who are hardly reliable at the best of times.

Not like it matters to us as we won't up our bid and a much more reliable source for RM news.... ElConfidencial said Maicon is the prime target but Perez doesn't want it.

No and RMC said the Debuchy link is BS apparently, as did Fred Hermel a french journo. It was started by france football who are hardly reliable at the best of times.

Not like it matters to us as we won't up our bid and a much more reliable source for RM news.... ElConfidencial said Maicon is the prime target but Perez doesn't want it.

Fred Hermel doesn't have a clue though, but the Marca article is pretty bereft of details or even "confidential sources".

Fred Hermel doesn't have a clue though, but the Marca article is pretty bereft of details or even "confidential sources".

Yeah i know but i'd thought id add that in there, RMC seem to be quite reliable though and there seem to think it's BS.

I think Marca just saw the france football article and decided to make a article on it for the paper tbh.

I'd imagine Madrid transfer news is pretty slow now after the Modric signing.

As i said though, it doesn't really matter either way as he's not coming here.

Mou has actually said today that their "squad isn't closed and ins and outs can still happen", so new signings are a possibility. They do have a hole at RB, too. It's true that Maicon's interest has more lineage than Debuchy's (who I had never seen linked to them)

Right - I'm depressed.  Officially. Expectations have bottomed out and getting anyone in now will be a bonus.  I remember sommat similar last year when I welcomed the signing of Obertan and felt he needed a fresh start