NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I thought Williams was pretty tall and buff? A bit like Douglas?

6ft according to wiki, I thought he was shorter. Caulker was the tall one of the pair last season.

Guest bimpy474

As a replacement for Williamson yes, not as well as, simply not enough of an improvement overall.

Think it would be worth bringing him in, Saylor can't stay fit and Colo can't play every game next season.

True but if thats the case i would like (in an ideal world) a better player than Williams. If Colo is to be rested in the cup games i would much rather Tav played.

I'm not saying we dont need another centre half because i think we do, for the reasons you stated ;) but i would much rather it was better than him.

I wouldn't be against bringing Williams instead of Douglas. The former seems like the more exciting option (not that I've seen him play), but it doesn't sound like he's the right kind of personality to succeed here. He'd also need to adapt to the Premier League, learn the language etc.. Those things matter more in positions like CB/GK where communication and mentality is important. I'm sure Pardew would prefer somebody with Premier League experience.

I'm slightly worried about Taylor though. Pardew really should take his time on him. I've heard that torn achilles is one of the most serious injuries in sports, in terms of how it affects mobility and speed permanently.. and Taylor is prone to other injuries. It sounds like the staff are taking good care of him though so hopefully he manages to leave all this behind him next season. He's a good lad and he deserves it.

Some kid called Reda Jaadi turned us down to go to Standard Liege.

http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/31751/Newcastle_grijpt_naast_talent_van_Standard

"I hope to break into the first-team and my dream is to one day win the Golden Boot, and why in the future, not the Ballon D'Or?

Before I was signed by Standard I had offers from several clubs, including Newcastle".

Williams' name might sound less exotic than some of the others rumoured, but he would be difficult to get from Swansea, considering his status at the club and the club involved (as seen with Neil Taylor).

In any case I think he would be an intelligent signing. I like his, increasingly rare, profile: mobile, athletic, disciplined centre back, with an apparently solid, mature pitch personality. Just my impressions from a double-handful of Swansea games I've seen recently, can't speak on his long-term going.

Williams' name might sound less exotic than some of the others rumoured, but he would be difficult to get from Swansea, considering his status at the club and the club involved (as seen with Neil Taylor).

In any case I think he would be an intelligent signing. I like his, increasingly rare, profile: mobile, athletic, disciplined centre back, with an apparently solid, mature pitch personality. Just my impressions from a double-handful of Swansea games I've seen recently, can't speak on his long-term going.

I would love Williams but it would be a pain in the ass to try and negotiate a fair price with Swansea. Therefore I can't see him joining.

Williams is not good enough.

Alderweireld? Mbiwa? Kjaer?

Are we stingy?

Owen, luque, boumsong, smith.

Yes, yes we are

No, no, no that's a are very huge offers

3.15M for  Douglas, and 4M for  Debuchy are unrejectable offers

Guest bimpy474

Williams is not good enough.

Alderweireld? Mbiwa? Kjaer?

Are we stingy?

Owen, luque, boumsong, smith.

Yes, yes we are

No, no, no thats are very huge offers like 3.15M for  Douglas, and 4M for  Debuchy

Not sure we should have offered big money like say £10m for Debuchy when his buy out was £4m.

Hope you give your wages to ya Mam like. ;D

Guest bimpy474

Williams is better than Williamson and at least on a par with Taylor.

Taylor is far better imo, his is better than Williamson though, at least he wont panic when the little round white thing comes near him.