NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

How many other Championship teams have spent more than us?

:facepalm:

How many teams did spend more than us last season, and finished bellow us?

Its not about the price or total cost man, quality, not quantity.

Still agree we need a RB  :lol:

Championship teams shouldn't be spending more than top 4 contenders.

Guest BooBoo

If you have a go and fall short then there's no shame in that.

Not even trying and falling short is something completely different.

No they should not, but that is their problem right?

They are in Championship, we are top 4 contenders according to some, and for a reason.

They are in Championship, we are top 4 contenders according to some, and for a reason.

I'd say it's more our problem, especially as we took £3million from them.

Still they fail to even be in the PL.

While we have players like HBA, Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote etc in our squad.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but looking on just what they have spend is no indication on quality imo.

It's not the best signal of intent to the likes of Krul, Ben Arfa, Cisse etc either. I'm sure they were signed in the knowledge they were signing for a club with a vision and an ambition to make a mark at the top of the Premier League. They played out of their skin all season, achieved European football qualification, the bloke who managed the team got voted Manager of the Year, full houses every home game, new sponsors....

...and we've spent about £3m (net) to supplement things and push on a bit. Wouldn't begrudge them for feeling a bit disillusioned at what's (not) happened since May. Really underwhelming summer for all concerned.

Not in favour of just going mad and lashing out £25m on a couple of players purely to get them in but the penny-pinching has been frustrating. Genuinely good players (Debuchy) who would make a massive difference to the way the team play haven't come in despite (relatively) low pricetags. Got no desire to see us go back to the Shepherd way of splashing the cash and paying over the odds but there needs to be a bit of flexibility when quality players are available and publically state they want to play for us. There has to be a happy medium and we're facing the prospect of going into the season a couple of players short in a few positions. There's nothing we can do about it as fans but it's frustrating after such an encouraging platform to build on after last season.

Still they fail to even be in the PL.

While we have players like HBA, Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote etc in our squad.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but looking on just what they have spend is no indication on quality imo.

Best, Rhodes, Murphy, Nuno Gomes and Etuhu are all good signings for them and could easily take them backup.

Guest BooBoo

Well said.

If I was a Krul, Ba, Cisse, Colo etc I'd feel a bit like I'd been sold a pup. I bet they all got the spiel when they signed or re-signed.

Guest neesy111

It's not the best signal of intent to the likes of Krul, Ben Arfa, Cisse etc either. I'm sure they were signed in the knowledge they were signing for a club with a vision and an ambition to make a mark at the top of the Premier League. They played out of their skin all season, achieved European football qualification, the bloke who managed the team got voted Manager of the Year, full houses every home game, new sponsors....

...and we've spent about £3m (net) to supplement things and push on a bit. Wouldn't begrudge them for feeling a bit disillusioned at what's (not) happened since May. Really underwhelming summer for all concerned.

Not in favour of just going mad and lashing out £25m on a couple of players purely to get them in but the penny-pinching has been frustrating. Genuinely good players (Debuchy) who would make a massive difference to the way the team play haven't come in despite (relatively) low pricetags. Got no desire to see us go back to the Shepherd way of splashing the cash and paying over the odds but there needs to be a bit of flexibility when quality players are available and publically state they want to play for us. There has to be a happy medium and we're facing the prospect of going into the season a couple of players short in a few positions. There's nothing we can do about it as fans but it's frustrating after such an encouraging platform to build on after last season.

:thup:

Guest BooBoo

Well said.

If I was a Krul, Ba, Cisse, Colo etc I'd feel a bit like I'd been sold a pup. I bet they all got the spiel when they signed or re-signed.

If any of them have any sense they'll see that they are surrounded by a lot of good players who are more than capable of mounting another challenge this season.

Their efforts last season were sufficient enough to merit some help. Instead it's just "that's great lads, now go and do it all again". It's a big ask for them and unfair to demand they hit those heights again.

Guest johnson293

According to sky, blackburn are looking to pay £8m for Rhodes. Wouldnt go near that fee for a 3rd choice striker unproven at anywhere near the highest level.

Sure I've seen something like that happen before...

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/jun2011/1/0/connor-wickham-653525908.jpg

:lol:

According to sky, blackburn are looking to pay £8m for Rhodes. Wouldnt go near that fee for a 3rd choice striker unproven at anywhere near the highest level.

That's the maximum it can reach, and is dependent on them getting promoted.

Pards sounds like he is inviting bids for our big players.

I half suspect that we've been touting Tiote around all summer, and our failure to offload him for big money may have held up everything else.

thats what i think.  I think that's been the plan,  they expected someone to come in with big money for Tiote and thought with the money they could bring 3 new players in but no one has come in for him (well they might but not with enough money)

Nail on the head and exactly how i feel.