NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest BooBoo

By the way every time there have been rumours about players leaving, the club have clearly told the local journalists that there have been no offers. Have we really done that well to retain our good players if there have been no bids to turn down?

It didn't matter if there hasn't been a single bid. The club will still trumpet it as a glorious victory that we have retained our squad.

Guest firetotheworks

You'd think people would have learned after last summer with some of the over-reactions again. :lol:

Except last summer we actually bought players...

The reactions are utterly bizarre man. Everyone go back to August 2011 & review your posts. It may not go aswell as last season, but atleast entertain the idea that this isnt a complete disaster. You'd have thought Pards would have gained some trust by now.

I have absolutely no doubt that this is fuck all to do with Pardew. Trusting him is irrelevant, he's just the coach.

I may be in the minority here but I actually think it's harder to crack the top four this year than last. Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea spent ridiculous money. Arsenal will still be there, Spurs still there. Liverpool to look out for. I don't think we're two signings away from the CL, I think we're quite a distance away.

Chelsea finishing 5th then winning the CL and blowing £100m fucked our chances, really.

Guest bimpy474

The reactions are utterly bizarre man. Everyone go back to August 2011 & review your posts. It may not go aswell as last season, but atleast entertain the idea that this isnt a complete disaster. You'd have thought Pards would have gained some trust by now.

But if you dont add a couple of good players to your squad you will be lucky to standstill. You strengthen from a position of strength.

A year ago started this, now we will stall because we haven't added better players.

I'm saying that without comment on the trust thing. My post is about the way the league is.

I may be in the minority here but I actually think it's harder to crack the top four this year than last. Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea spent ridiculous money. Arsenal will still be there, Spurs still there. Liverpool to look out for. I don't think we're two signings away from the CL, I think we're quite a distance away.

Chelsea finishing 5th then winning the CL and blowing £100m fucked our chances, really.

And we attempt to combat this by... doing nothing? :lol:

You'd think people would have learned after last summer with some of the over-reactions again. :lol:

We pretty much replaced our outgoings, which is what the latest update has said we'd do. (Nolan, Enrique, Barton out, Cabaye, Santon, Obertan, Ba as Carroll's replacement in)

Guest BooBoo

The reactions are not bizarre, they are quite understandable.

Yes we had a great season, yes we have good players and management. But is that it? Do we just stand still and think well we've shown we've done it before, so let's do it again. No successful football clubs operate this way. It's imperative to strengthen when on the front foot and we've failed to do that. There's nothing bizarre in people being disappointed we're not having a go at improving ourselves.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9507274/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-is-content-with-his-squad-as-the-transfer-deadline-approaches.html

“We’re not really trying to get players in,” said Pardew, whose side play Greek club Atromitos tonight following a 1-1 draw in Athens in the first leg of their Europa League qualifier. “I’m 100 per cent happy to go with what we’ve got. I think the squad can cope with Europe.

“The young lads are going to get games this season. I’ve been saying to them, ‘This is your year.’

“I think we’re just watching the market and seeing if anything pops its head up to see if it’s appealing.”

How spineless. Another window he's completely lied to us then.

Or he's been lied to again by Ashley/Llambias.

If he had any sense he'd have maintained a Hughton-like silence during the window. He's been burned before and yet again by the looks of it.

But then people wouldn't be happy if he said nowt.

Rather that than be lied to.

I'll ask again, when has Pardew lied?

"If you can't do your business in the summer, then I don't know why because there is plenty of time."

“We’re not really trying to get players in”

Guest bimpy474

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9507274/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-is-content-with-his-squad-as-the-transfer-deadline-approaches.html

“We’re not really trying to get players in,” said Pardew, whose side play Greek club Atromitos tonight following a 1-1 draw in Athens in the first leg of their Europa League qualifier. “I’m 100 per cent happy to go with what we’ve got. I think the squad can cope with Europe.

“The young lads are going to get games this season. I’ve been saying to them, ‘This is your year.’

“I think we’re just watching the market and seeing if anything pops its head up to see if it’s appealing.”

If he had any sense he'd have maintained a Hughton-like silence during the window. He's been burned before and yet again by the looks of it.

"If you can't do your business in the summer, then I don't know why because there is plenty of time."

That not really lying, thats change of circumstances. If you give the benefit of doubt like.

Guest neesy111

Last december.  We will be bringing in a CB he said.

How many players did we buy that weren't replacements for our better players leaving though?

Guest bimpy474

Last december.  We will be bringing in a CB he said.

Good, not good enough.

Don't see how they contradict each other.

Well we don't have the £110m it'd take to catch Chelsea. We go with the team who served us so well last year plus some upgrades on the departures...bar Best (who barely played)

Was expected but still annoying. Football alot of the time can be about momentum and capitalising on that feal good factor that we had from finishing 5th.

For the first time in a long time we would have been a genuinely attractive club to join for international players like debuchy etc.

Now with a small squad and more games to play along with all the clubs around us improving (chelsea, everton, liverpool etc) it is very unlikely we will finish 5th again this season meaning it will be harder to attract the better players and also will become harder to hang on to our better players.

Ah well, hopefully the team will perform as brilliantly as they did last year (despite the glaring flaws in the team and squad still being there and us having a shitload of extra games within a punishing schedule) and we'll just have to see where that gets us.

That not really lying, thats change of circumstances. If you give the benefit of doubt like.

Both quotes were published today a few hours apart. What changed?

It's the one thing they won't be expecting.

Genius

Guest BooBoo

Well we don't have the £110m it'd take to catch Chelsea. We go with the team who served us so well last year plus some upgrades on the departures...bar Best (who barely played)

Yeah, just the 21 appearances last year for Leon Best. :lol: