NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Unless Carroll has an absolutely brilliant season at West Ham, i honestly can't see why we would want him back. Even if he suits a style Pardew wants to implement.

Like i said back in the summer; i think the Carroll thing was PR. If we'd re-signed the lad for half the price, it would've made us look mint and Liverpool like mugs; regardless of the player's ability. If he was any other player, he wouldn't suit the transfer policy they so rigidly stick to.

I agree, unless it's for peanuts then I'm worried it will be a poor signing for us. He doesn't fit the wide striker mould and Cisse surely is our main main the centre? Unless we are going back to 4-4-2 or want that as another option I guess. Carroll ironically did stick in some good crosses when out wide for us, but like his goal scoring for us I've not really seen much of him back to his old self at all.

I'm also really worried he's too injury prone.

Shola, Taylor, Carroll. The only three local lads who've come through the academy (since the 90s) and 'made it' in this division. All injury prone.

The lower body injuries are slowly ruining him. If you see the highlights of that first 6 months in the PL with us and compared them to his 9 West Ham games you'd think he'd had a severe stroke. In the 5-1 game in particular he was sensational.

The lower body injuries are slowly ruining him. If you see the highlights of that first 6 months in the PL with us and compared them to his 9 West Ham games you'd think he'd had a severe stroke. In the 5-1 game in particular he was sensational.

I've seen next to nowt of him this season, but he looked every inch an England-starter in that first season back up with us. He looked like he had everything; you know, the odd 'all-rounder' abilities: decent acceleration / being able to run with the ball cos he had strength to compensate for a lack of pace / decent crosser / bit of an angry cunt. I was fucking gutted when we sold him because i thought we were set for a decade with him.

Not a clue what's gone wrong since then. He looked an absolute shadow of that player every single time he played for Liverpool, including when his form picked up a wee bit prior to the Euros. Sensational header against Sweden, mind.

Saw the first game he played for West Ham and he looked decent, bit of fire back in his belly, but seems to have gone downhill since. Think there's still a very good player in there somewhere.

Can bring him back in the summer, help us get promoted again....  :)

Unless Carroll has an absolutely brilliant season at West Ham, i honestly can't see why we would want him back. Even if he suits a style Pardew wants to implement.

Like i said back in the summer; i think the Carroll thing was PR. If we'd re-signed the lad for half the price, it would've made us look mint and Liverpool like mugs; regardless of the player's ability. If he was any other player, he wouldn't suit the transfer policy they so rigidly stick to.

I agree, unless it's for peanuts then I'm worried it will be a poor signing for us. He doesn't fit the wide striker mould and Cisse surely is our main main the centre? Unless we are going back to 4-4-2 or want that as another option I guess. Carroll ironically did stick in some good crosses when out wide for us, but like his goal scoring for us I've not really seen much of him back to his old self at all.

Shola, Taylor, Carroll. The only three local lads who've come through the academy (since the 90s) and 'made it' in this division. All injury prone.

All of them big, all of them slow, all of them assertive to compensate for lack of other qualities. Makes you wonder what we're looking for at the academy.

Carroll's the only genuine talent of the 3 of them, to be fair.

All of them big, all of them slow, all of them assertive to compensate for lack of other qualities. Makes you wonder what we're looking for at the academy.

Carroll's the only genuine talent of the 3 of them, to be fair.

In England till very recently it's been 'big strong lads' who can kick it up the pitch the furthest. ;)

Taylor's got more to his game than you have indicated above. Not suggesting he is the next Beckenbauer, but you are making sound like some league 2 clogger. He is far better on the ball thab you are giving him credit for.

Guest neesy111

Steven Taylor is a very good defender who's given us quite a lot of good performances over the years.

If not for his injuries I'd think we'd thought higher of him.

He's never been a very good defender.  He's always liable to a fuck up.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Steven Taylor is a very good defender who's given us quite a lot of good performances over the years.

If not for his injuries I'd think we'd thought higher of him.

He's never been a very good defender.  He's always liable to a f*** up.

I have to agree on that. It seems more that we wish he was a very good defender, rather than he actually is. He's certainly better than Williamson and he's had quite a few good performances with us over the years, but he's nowhere near the likes of Coloccini tbh.

With good guidance and leadership he seems to step up his game anyway, he was much much better playing alongside the captain than with Willo when Colo was out.

Guest neesy111

It always happens that people are liable to big up players that come through our youth system mainly because we have fuck all coming through.  Only at the start of last season I thought taylor looked a good defender and reliable, otherwise he's just about good enough for the PL if he would be fit most of the time.  He is probably our best attacking CB we've had for a while though.

Guest neesy111

Same with Sammy who i don't think willl ever become a class player, just doesn't have a footballing brain.

He's league 1 standard at the moment.  He should be nowhere near our 1st team squad.

Sky Sports understands a number of Premier League sides are weighing up moves for Lyon ace Michel Bastos when the transfer window reopens next month.

The Brazil international has enjoyed a fine season to date with Lyon and has been instrumental in their title bid this term, with Lyon currently joint-top of Ligue 1 alongside Paris St Germain.

However, Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas revealed earlier this week he would consider selling Bastos for the right price in January in a bid to reduce the wage bill at Stade Gerland.

The news has alerted a host of Premier League sides to Bastos' possible availability in the New Year with the 29-year-old an attractive proposition for his suitors as he can play on the left wing or at left-back.

The likes of Liverpool, Tottenham and Newcastle have all held a long-term interest in Bastos and they are thought to be keeping tabs on his situation at Lyon

yeah right...

I don't know why everyone thinks it's so impossible that we'll sign any good players, when we've recently signed people like the captain of the French Champions and one of the most prolific scorers in Germany.

get with the programme man  ian, any good rumours are bullshit, any negative rumours are to be treat as gospel.